ESPN article on the #1s & 2s in each class

TN offered #1 2023 Mikaylah Williams. Wonder if she is interested? The article says this about her: "Williams put the world on notice when she won the MVP of the FIBA 3X3 U18 World Championship in August. She was the youngest on the four-player roster and proved why she was the best player on the floor. She is strong and fast, and can elevate with the best of them. She has a broad 6-foot frame, and as a multisport athlete (softball and track and field), she has the coordination and footwork that helps her excel on the court and on the field as well."

I wouldn't get your hopes up, there's a new sheriff in Louisiana. All the more reason Kellie really needs to get the Tennessee kid(s)...
You couldn’t pay me to send my daughter to play for Kim. There are a lot of parents who value more in a coach than just wins and losses.

Reactions: LVsinceJV
If Pat and or Holly didn't get a top National player in the state there would be criticism. No different with Kellie. Not every criticism is a Negavol. I think Kellie is doing really well, however it will sting if Cambridge goes else where and does well.

If Pat and or Holly didn't get a top National player in the state there would be criticism. No different with Kellie. Not every criticism is a Negavol. I think Kellie is doing really well, however it will sting if Cambridge goes else where and does well.
Imo we will not get Cambridge. I have heard she is leaning toward UCONN or SC. She just got an offer a little bit back from dawn at SC. NO offer yet from UCONN but I'm sure it is coming. I dont think geno has offered a 24' yet that I know of. Our chances of getting her are slim to none... but I am still hopeful something could change and she picks TN
I would love to see her here.

I am not a Negavol ! But to get Cambridge would be next to impossible! This kid goes to Ensworth in Nashville….. Her whole family has gone there ! Her older sister is at Vandy and the next sister to graduate will probably get a scholarship somewhere. This is a PRIVATE SCHOOL that cost $35,000.00 a year and this family has three kids going there ….. Now let that just sink in ……

If you were the parents….., where would you send them ? In my opinion. Since the last kid can go to any school she wants ! I would have her getting the best education possible and still play for a contender for a national championship! Stanford or Duke comes to my mind ….. I don’t think a UConn or South Carolina or any other school ( without the high educational aspect), will matter even with a National Championship! The oldest went to Vandy …… Enough said ….. JMO

Last edited:
I am not a Negavol ! But to get Cambridge would be next to impossible! This kid goes to Ensworth in Nashville….. Her whole family has gone there ! Her older sister is at Vandy and the next sister to graduate will probably get a scholarship somewhere. This is a PRIVATE SCHOOL that cost $35,000.00 a year and this family has three kids going there ….. Now let that just sink in ……

If you were the parents….., where would you send them ? In my opinion. Since the last kid can go to any school she wants ! I would have her getting the best education possible and still play for a contender for a national championship! Stanford or Duke comes to my mind ….. I don’t think a UConn or South Carolina or any other school ( without the high educational aspect), will matter even with a National Championship! The oldest went to Vandy …… Enough said ….. JMO

You're projecting you onto the parents. But what do they and the player actually want?

Reactions: lfvol
Sometimes the state school has an advantage in recruiting an in state recruit: 1) It's close to home, or 2) they are a life-long fan. Often that works out. But sometimes the kid wants to go elsewhere for whatever reason, one that has nothing to do with the atmosphere or coaching staff at the in-state school. The idea that we are an incompetent program because a valued recruit goes out of state is silly. It happens all the time. Stating emphatically that if we don't get this in-state player or that instate player then we are incompetent or worse is nonsense, and counterproductive.

You're projecting you onto the parents. But what do they and the player actually want?

Projecting me onto the parents? I said : “In my opinion “ !!! So yes ….. Since the parents are sending their children to an expensive Private school ! I think education might be of significant importance to the family values ?

The older sister was ranked as a top 20 ish player ! She had options …… but went to Vandy …. A pretty good educational school .
I would conclude from every thing the family is doing for their kids…… EDUCATION is of at least one of the families list of wants !

As always. Just my opinion

Projecting me onto the parents? I said : “In my opinion “ !!! So yes ….. Since the parents are sending their children to an expensive Private school ! I think education might be of significant importance to the family values ?

The older sister was ranked as a top 20 ish player ! She had options …… but went to Vandy …. A pretty good educational school .
I would conclude from every thing the family is doing for their kids…… EDUCATION is of at least one of the families list of wants !

As always. Just my opinion

And what I wrote was just my opinion.

You made a good argument for what I said in my next post, which is that we really don't know sometimes why a recruit goes to this school or that one. You wrote:
If you were the parents….., where would you send them ?
Some parents SEND their kids to a school and some parents let their kids decide. Maybe the younger kids don't view 'status' schools the way the parents or the older one does. You started out by saying that UT recruiting this player would be "near impossible." Just my opinion, but I think that's over the top, unless you know the family.

Also, I'm just curious here, but do you think UT is not an excellent education?

And what I wrote was just my opinion.

You made a good argument for what I said in my next post, which is that we really don't know sometimes why a recruit goes to this school or that one. You wrote:
Some parents SEND their kids to a school and some parents let their kids decide. Maybe the younger kids don't view 'status' schools the way the parents or the older one does. You started out by saying that UT recruiting this player would be "near impossible." Just my opinion, but I think that's over the top, unless you know the family.

Also, I'm just curious here, but do you think UT is not an excellent education?

I can see that you are always right ! You can try and put words in my mouth if you like? I stopped worrying about those silly things in high school….. But you may continue with your banter I haven’t enjoyed such frivolous verbiage since my first divorce …… 😈

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
Imo we will not get Cambridge. I have heard she is leaning toward UCONN or SC. She just got an offer a little bit back from dawn at SC. NO offer yet from UCONN but I'm sure it is coming. I dont think geno has offered a 24' yet that I know of. Our chances of getting her are slim to none... but I am still hopeful something could change and she picks TN
I would love to see her here.

Cambridge has years to pick a school. If Kellie can't even get her program in the conversation for an in-state recruit, she's absolutely useless as a recruiter...

Sometimes the state school has an advantage in recruiting an in state recruit: 1) It's close to home, or 2) they are a life-long fan. Often that works out. But sometimes the kid wants to go elsewhere for whatever reason, one that has nothing to do with the atmosphere or coaching staff at the in-state school. The idea that we are an incompetent program because a valued recruit goes out of state is silly. It happens all the time. Stating emphatically that if we don't get this in-state player or that instate player then we are incompetent or worse is nonsense, and counterproductive.
we're not talking one here,,,at least I'm not.
We've missed several
We don't have to go after ALL of the TN starlets,,,but we do not let the true starlet get away
we've got to be able to see this kid when we see her and,,
know
But how can you know...

I am in a city 1/30 th the size of Atlanta, yet I work with a top 100 national known recruit and have two more that will be top 100 in 2026 class (Both alreadi in the view of Hoopgurlz, ASGR, BlueStar, and World Exposure Report WBB).

I say that to say this,,,talent, true potential can be predicted at a very early age...and it is in TN

I can see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: youcancallmeAl
What would you all define as a successful get... i mean does the kid need to be a top 100 kid, top 50 kid?? We have 2 instate 2024 top 50 kids that i know of ranked by multiple sites. Maybe 1 2023 ?? Just wondering

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
What would you all define as a successful get... i mean does the kid need to be a top 100 kid, top 50 kid?? We have 2 instate 2024 top 50 kids that i know of ranked by multiple sites. Maybe 1 2023 ?? Just wondering

If the player is a consensus interest to 4 or more of the top ten programs,,,she is a get....
If she is in TN, she's a get/squared
Jaloni, Cori, (I believe if we get Cori we get Cooper)

All gets aren't necessarily ranked...Watching Karo Striplin in Atl,,,I didn't care about the stars,,,,she was a get!

Even Madi,,,She is a lights out shooter from deep...put Justine on one side and Madi on the other and it will create a lane you could drive a forklift through, bc both can shoot way beyond the new line

Last edited:
Reactions: ruvol

VN Store

Back