ESPN’s way-too-early top 25

View attachment 549452

With a healthy ZZ I pretty much agree with this, I have us as a preseason 8-12 ranked team.
Great starting lineup. Has us as the top SEC team, but that prob changes depending on who UK gets in the portal, if Ark gets Holland then I’ll put them above us as well.

Then Mashack, Freddie, Gainey, and Awaka in the rotation is good depth. Mashack or Freddie about to get 6th man of the year

Great starting lineup. Has us as the top SEC team, but that prob changes depending on who UK gets in the portal, if Ark gets Holland then I’ll put them above us as well.

Then Mashack, Freddie, Gainey, and Awaka in the rotation is good depth. Mashack or Freddie about to get 6th man of the year
Freddie is the Truth and I agree. Don't forget about DJ, best athlete on the team, if he plays as hard on defense as Mashack, he should be better offensively. Either way, Mashack will play a lot of minutes and DJ still has to prove himself. It would be cooler if he did

are JJJ and JP gone for good?
No, but they have until May 31 to withdraw from the draft process and maintain college eligibility. I'm okay with JJJ going on, seems like he's been here 10 years, but I don't think he'll make any noise in the draft and will likely end up playing Euro ball. JP, IMO, could def. use another year of college play, but the NBA does tend to draft also on potential, and he's loaded with it, just hasn't shown it consistently enough IMO.

Awaka will probably start next season, he needs a good offseason of development. Really impressed with him this past season!
Don’t know how these transfers will adapt to SEC level of competition, but I think it’s going to bring out the fight in our current roster to work harder for their position. Competition always makes teams better!

Reactions: Ratvol
Don’t know how these transfers will adapt to SEC level of competition, but I think it’s going to bring out the fight in our current roster to work harder for their position. Competition always makes teams better!

Iron Sharpens Iron!

We'll see a season kind of like the baseball team is having. Some struggles early. Guessing we'll grab a 8-9 seed in the NCAAT barring injury.

We'll see a season kind of like the baseball team is having. Some struggles early. Guessing we'll grab a 8-9 seed in the NCAAT barring injury.

Barring injuries…I would bet whatever you want that we won’t be an 8 or 9 seed next year. I get you tend to lean conservative/pessimistic but this is extremely pessimistic and highly unlikely. We added 3 transfers…2 expected to make a significant impact. We aren’t turning over the entire roster…..

Reactions: NighthawkVol

Have a pretty unanimous top 10-15 (or higher) roster in the country at the moment, not sure what you’re basing this on apart from a different sport

Reactions: NighthawkVol
On paper we should have our best offense since 2018-19 next year. That team had an exceptional starting 5 but the depth for next year’s group should be better, in my opinion. Vescovi‘s return is just huge because we know what to expect from him and his leadership with new portal transfers, each of whom have a ton of playing experience, will be valuable. If Zeigler is healthy he is going to be able to advance into more of a playmaker role, and will have alot more weapons around him.

Will be critical to have some offensive presence in the paint which looks to be our biggest question. Hopefully at 6’6 Ledlum’s game translates to a certain extent and he can consistently get into 12 PPG range. Aidoo is more of a face-up player but could be comparable to Kyle Alexander‘s numbers. Awaka will progress on the block. Otherwise, hopefully we pick up our tempo, with the skillset we have coming in.

On paper we should have our best offense since 2018-19 next year. That team had an exceptional starting 5 but the depth for next year’s group should be better, in my opinion. Vescovi‘s return is just huge because we know what to expect from him and his leadership with new portal transfers, each of whom have a ton of playing experience, will be valuable. If Zeigler is healthy he is going to be able to advance into more of a playmaker role, and will have alot more weapons around him.

Will be critical to have some offensive presence in the paint which looks to be our biggest question. Hopefully at 6’6 Ledlum’s game translates to a certain extent and he can consistently get into 12 PPG range. Aidoo is more of a face-up player but could be comparable to Kyle Alexander‘s numbers. Awaka will progress on the block. Otherwise, hopefully we pick up our tempo, with the skillset we have coming in.

I hope Awaka is practicing FTs non-stop and Mashack is developing his shot to extend out further (as well as becoming a better finisher around the rim). Those guys, along with Aidoo, taking the next step will be huge for this team.

VN Store

Back