Erik Ainge Appreciation Thread

I know he didn't have an effect on the outcome, but I wouldn't mind seeing him just shut up and go away. The dude is a trust fund brat and doesn't need the radio gig.
Yep. And so many forget about his cozy love affairs with some of the worst people that represented our university. The guy was willing to do anything and say whatever for favor with the worst AD departments we have had. Particularly during the Currie tenure, he was a mouthpiece and a terrible one at that.

Just because he wore the orange doesn’t mean he gets a free pass. Ainge is out for himself, no one else and certainly not the university.

But his idiotic tweets are just that - idiotic. UGA was going to be loud regardless of what that moron said.

Reactions: FBtime and loservol
Yep. And so many forget about his cozy love affairs with some of the worst people that represented our university. The guy was willing to do anything and say whatever for favor with the worst AD departments we have had. Particularly during the Currie tenure, he was a mouthpiece and a terrible one at that.

Just because he wore the orange doesn’t mean he gets a free pass. Ainge is out for himself, no one else and certainly not the university.

But his idiotic tweets are just that - idiotic. UGA was going to be loud regardless of what that moron said.
The way he ragged on fans during the Butch Jones tenure was disgusting.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
This is mind-numbingly dumb fan stuff. What % of GA fans and players even know who EA is? That read his twit or whatever? That then said to themselves "boy, I was going to quietly sit on my hands or only play at 85% against #1 TN on our home turf."

"But now...ohhhHHH BOY - NOW! - I'm really gonna' give it to 'em because some Ainge guy made me mad!!!!"

Award-winning dumb. Hey OP - I think some obscure VN fans predicting blowouts really motivated GA...

Reactions: volfanhill
The way he ragged on fans during the Butch Jones tenure was disgusting.

Precisely. And his text exchanges with Currie begging and pleading for marching orders during the Butch years and during the coaching “search” drama was another nail in the coffin. The guy was willing to lay down with that group of people that were all too willing to destroy the AD for decades to come, not just for football either. He gladly carried their water to the fan base and people rightfully turned on him for it. Somehow, most have forgotten about all of this.

And don’t forget his literal love letters to JG, trying to make it all about Ainge.

Reactions: loservol
Didn’t their coach come out and ask for the fans to be loud and help the team this week?
Seems he would have more effect to the crowd than from a tweet from EA. 😏

no I didn't miss your point just feel you're placing too much value on it. where you see it as adding fuel, I don't and that opinion isn't changing

He ran his mouth off as did others and believe it or not that crap incites the opposing fan base. Plain and simple keep you opinion to yourself, don't tweet or give UGA fans or team more fuel. Plain and simple Ainge should have kept his mouth shut! Agree or disagree I don't care. No more responses because it's a dead subject.

Eric Ainge poked the bear and made it harder on us with his comments about Sanford Stadium. I have tried to listen to Ainge on the radio and I just don’t care for the guy. I’m sure he’s smart but he comes across as arrogant. Brian Rice is way better than him. His comments were stupid even if he really thinks their stadium is not loud. As a former player, he should know better.

I don’t think we win the game even if he didn’t make those comments! We played horrible and that didn’t have anything to do with Ainge. I just thought what he did was stupid.

Think people are over reacting to this a bit. All he did was speak on his experience when he played at that stadium. And I agreed with every word he said about it. They turned up for this one though. If UGA needed a tweet to get them pumped up playing a number 1 ranked team, then weird.

Some want to blame something instead of just saying the best team won. The refs were against us or the game time or weather or coaches not prepared or didn’t make adjustments, or a statement by an opposing player/coach or players hit the back of the head of one of our fans the last time we played or disrespected our mascot or crowd noise or a tweet by a ex player of the opposing team or their fans in their forum are delusional, etc.. I imagine less than 1% of the crowd cares or knows what EA tweeted. Heck, I am a UT fan but the only time I know what EA says is when someone posts it in Volnation. And I certainly can’t care less what any Georgia fan/writer/player says about how good or bad out team is. JMO

Some want to blame something instead of just saying the best team won. The refs were against us or the game time or weather or coaches not prepared or didn’t make adjustments, or a statement by an opposing player/coach or players hit the back of the head of one of our fans the last time we played or disrespected our mascot or crowd noise or a tweet by a ex player of the opposing team or their fans in their forum are delusional, etc.. I imagine less than 1% of the crowd cares or knows what EA tweeted. Heck, I am a UT fan but the only time I know what EA says is when someone posts it in Volnation. And I certainly can’t care less what any Georgia fan/writer/player says about how good or bad out team is. JMO

Obviously, I didn’t blame the loss on Ainge. Go back and read my post again

Reactions: cardvolfan
Eric Ainge poked the bear and made it harder on us with his comments about Sanford Stadium. I have tried to listen to Ainge on the radio and I just don’t care for the guy. I’m sure he’s smart but he comes across as arrogant. Brian Rice is way better than him. His comments were stupid even if he really thinks their stadium is not loud. As a former player, he should know better.

I don’t think we win the game even if he didn’t make those comments! We played horrible and that didn’t have anything to do with Ainge. I just thought what he did was stupid.
Heupel had no answer for the man to man coverage and loaded box. I hope we get a shot at them again. He won't miss next time.

Heupel had no answer for the man to man coverage and loaded box. I hope we get a shot at them again. He won't miss next time.

This is where you get your qb in space, use running backs and tight ends in the short passing game. It's a chess match. First you have to win the line of scrimmage and GA dominated the line of scrimmage.

So instead of making any in game adjustments, the UT coaching staff spent their time tweeting at Ainge while the UGA fans decided Ainge's tweet crossed the line and were determined to regain their Twitter honor by outreaching Ainge's tweet with their revenge driven crowd noise?

And that's why Tennessee lost?
Damn you Elon Musk! Erik Ainge is a threat to democracy.

VN Store

Back