Erik Ainge Appreciation Thread

Who cares. You guys are giving him way too much credit.
I was thinking to reply to the thread I remember him as someone that kinda bent or tried to push the rules etc maybe I’m wrong but there’s 10 former UT qbs I know a lot better and contributed a lot more than he did that are never mentioned.

stirred that hornets nest....thought his comments were very funny. it was nice to feel good enough about our program to talk some smack.

Reactions: VolunteerNut
stirred that hornets nest....thought his comments were very funny. it was nice to feel good enough about our program to talk some smack.

Talk smack sure....... but doing it on air and then tweeting about it is going to ignite and cause a blow back. Sorry, I just feel like and this isn't on Ainge but we as a fan base were as well as the media for Tennessee were all too cocky but don't tweet.

Last edited:
Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
EA wasn’t on the field yesterday.

EA didn’t lose the game.

The crowd was going to be loud.

I believe EA’s tweet added extra fuel to the fire.

His tweet didn’t cause Sanford to be loud but I think he inspired a lot of people to get louder.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Yes, that's what happened. It was UGA motivated by some has been qb running his mouth. That's it.

A. Ainge antagonized their crowd
B. They responded
C. We had multiple pre snap penalties.

One should be able to see how A impacted C.

I still love Ainge, his time here and his show. But wish he had passed on that tweet.

Reactions: Alto1
Talk smack sure....... but doing it on air and then tweeting about it is going to ignite and cause a blow back. Sorry, I just feel like and this isn't on Ainge but we as a fan base were as well as the media for tennessee were all to cocky but don't tweet.

This isn't on EA, he's a media personality, he's pretty much free to say or tweet what he wants, as everyone else is and I have zero problem with it.

edit

Last edited:
I am shocked and flabbergasted that a sports talk radio host would say something controversial before the game of the century.

The nerve of Ainge.

Reactions: SAPPER 5
This isn't on AE, he's a media personality, he's pretty much free to say or tweet what he wants, as everyone else is and I have zero problem with it.

you meant EA? Look, I like the guy, I really do even bought my youngest son when he was little a number 10 jersey and loved the time he was at UT, but you're missing my point sir. We differ on views, you don't give a fanbase or team bulletin board material. You don't think his comments went out to the fanbase and to the team? The playoff polls were reason enough to ignite UGA but why add fuel to the fire as a talk show host in Knoxville?

I think the entire team and fanbase was not ready for prime time. This team went from a projected 9-3 to possible 12-0 after beating LSU. That was a shock to a starved group of Vol fans. The talk all week from fans was UT as going to boat race them or win by a close margin, sabers were rattling loudly. The sports celebs did not help by challenging the crowd and picking the Vols to win. By kick off time it felt like UGA was the underdog in this game, even though they playing at home and were favored by 11 at one time. Maybe thats what it took to get us all ready for the next huge game!

you meant EA? Look, I like the guy, I really do even bought my youngest son when he was little a number 10 jersey and loved the time he was at UT, but you're missing my point sir. We differ on views, you don't give a fanbase or team bulletin board material. You don't think his comments went out to the fanbase and to the team? The playoff polls were reason enough to ignite UGA but why add fuel to the fire as a talk show host in Knoxville?

no I didn't miss your point just feel you're placing too much value on it. where you see it as adding fuel, I don't and that opinion isn't changing

It was going to be a wild environment either way.

Not a fan of Ainge at all, ever since his love affair(s) and water carrying with previous AD’s was revealed and put on display for all the world to see.

He thinks he’s funny and endearing to the fan base being an absolute idiot running his mouth. But his tweets, while ill advised, mattered little. UGA is defending national champs for a reason and their fans showed up, not because of Ainge’s tweets.

Reactions: buryMEinORANGE
A. Ainge antagonized their crowd
B. They responded
C. We had multiple pre snap penalties.

One should be able to see how A impacted C.

I still love Ainge, his time here and his show. But wish he had passed on that tweet.

I do too, it was stupid. It antagonized the crowd but that crowd was going to be crazy loud any way, and wasn’t going to make out O line get dominated.

I know he didn't have an effect on the outcome, but I wouldn't mind seeing him just shut up and go away. The dude is a trust fund brat and doesn't need the radio gig.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants

VN Store

Back