Eric Gray - 2020

VolforFootball

I like pizza
I see no reason why Eric Gray can't be a top 3 running back in the SEC next season. Behind what should be a sensational offensive line, combined with a solid defense that puts the ball back in the offense's hands, he has the ability and opportunity to be a top 3 SEC RB. He should have a solid backup group that provides him rest and further opportunities. And imo, there's no reason he shouldn't be the starter next season. What do you guys think?

If we have any kind of a passing threat next year this will happen. Otherwise everyone will crowd the line and make it tough.
Even if we weren't able to, I still think we have the offensive line talent to give a stud like Gray the opportunity to be a top 3 SEC rb.

Running behind that Iine and we’re likely to be a run first team... yup. Dude could really show out next year.

I just hope the QB play keeps teams honest and they don’t just line up with eight in the box every down.

Reactions: berryvol
I see no reason why Eric Gray can't be a top 3 running back in the SEC next season. Behind what should be a sensational offensive line, combined with a solid defense that puts the ball back in the offense's hands, he has the ability and opportunity to be a top 3 SEC RB. He should have a solid backup group that provides him rest and further opportunities. And imo, there's no reason he shouldn't be the starter next season. What do you guys think?

The guy can be electric, no doubt, but he's also 5'10" and 195 lbs. He could be the starter, for sure, if he can take the beating between the tackles. But we need a bruiser back there, too, to share the carries and run over and through LBs. Thunder and lightning, etc. The most carries Eric had this past season was 25 vs. Vanderbilt. He had only 14 carries against Indiana. We all want to see more of what he can do with a line that opens holes, of course. What I want to see (in our recruiting next year) is another Derrick Henry-type beast...a real bruiser about 6'4" and 240 lbs. or so. Right now, our biggest back in the RB room (of eight RBs) is Chip Omer, it appears -- 6'0" and 206 lbs. We have no RB over six feet tall and more than 206 lbs....at least until our largest RB in the 2020 class walks into the room, Tee Hodge at 6'0" and 216 lbs. I think there's no question that, right now, Eric Gray is the guy to beat in spring practice.

The guy can be electric, no doubt, but he's also 5'10" and 195 lbs. He could be the starter, for sure, if he can take the beating between the tackles. But we need a bruiser back there, too, to share the carries and run over and through LBs. Thunder and lightning, etc. The most carries Eric had this past season was 25 vs. Vanderbilt. He had only 14 carries against Indiana. We all want to see more of what he can do with a line that opens holes, of course. What I want to see (in our recruiting next year) is another Derrick Henry-type beast...a real bruiser about 6'4" and 240 lbs. or so. Right now, our biggest back in the RB room (of eight RBs) is Chip Omer, it appears -- 6'0" and 206 lbs. We have no RB over six feet tall and more than 206 lbs....at least until our largest RB in the 2020 class walks into the room, Tee Hodge at 6'0" and 216 lbs. I think there's no question that, right now, Eric Gray is the guy to beat in spring practice.
Whitehead 6’2 230lbs and playing running back

Clyde Edwards Helaire was 5’7 and 190 pounds as a freshman. He’s now 5’8 210. Having a whole off season with Fitz i don’t see why Gray (and hopefully Chandler) can put on 8-10 healthy pounds. That would be really really great

If he does not gain weight and power then he's a guy who can succeed against slow teams. He was too easy to tackle this year. That's not a condemnation just something he has to improve. I like Gray a lot if he can gain some power without losing his quickness. He is like Etienne in that regard. They talked about his development from a guy similar to Gray to a guy who can run with power.

Why not Crouch? He was a stud RB in highschool and it seems like we've got a bunch of LB's on deck.

I just wish our starting rb would get more than 10-15 carries per game. The top back should be getting 20+ carries per game and let the backups spell as needed. Gray would have a legit chance at a rushing title in that case.

VN Store

Back