Eric Crosby medically retires

4th offensive lineman to medically retire this year.....have a feeling we are going to be in for another long season.
That's interesting. The last good OL UT had... was thin. So thin that folks around here used their lack of back ups to excuse Jones for extremely poor schemes and blocking philosophy for 3+ years.

UT will be deeper on the OL than they were most of the last 12 years.

Wish him the best, but surprised more haven't left. We need to clear out some non-participants so can sign 25.

Reactions: JacketVol
None of whom would have played a second this season.

Yes, but we continue to sign highly rated linemen who don’t work out for one reason or another. Leaves us always working from behind. Not ideal.

Hope I don't sound like an ***hole but I didn't even know he was still on the roster. Best of luck to him!

Sorry to hear this about the young man. He still has plenty of opportunities ahead of him and I wish him the best of luck.

It has to be a bit alarming that we have had so many olineman retire from injuries the past couple seasons? I don't know the statistics for other schools but that has to be a pretty high percentage in a short period of time. We are either extremely unlucky or have been using some high risk methods

We are firmly into the time period of a coaching regime where we need some progress on the field to keep the recruiting momentum going.

It’s too bad that we’re about a year away from seeing real progress. There’s a power gap between now and then where I hope we can sell the future to recruits rather than current reality.

It’s too bad that we’re about a year away from seeing real progress. There’s a power gap between now and then where I hope we can sell the future to recruits rather than current reality.
In terms of progress, my hopes are fairly modest, just don't get blown out by anyone except the really good teams, i.e. the teams that end up with 9 or more regular season wins, and then let it be depth that beats us. Do that and have the rest of the games be close losses at worst while getting to 6-7 wins, and that'll be something for CJP to point to. That's doable, even with our current roster.

I'm not an expert but why is everyone on here giving the assumption that we won't improve at all next year?

It might explain why Butch was able to get a few of the recruits. Hall, Brooks and Crosby were all highly thought of, but each had known injury issues. Regardless, I can’t think of a coach who had more attrition and players have to give up the game than ole Lyle.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Wish him the best, but surprised more haven't left. We need to clear out some non-participants so can sign 25.
You’re doing it wrong. UT didn’t sign 25 because of how many Pruitt counted last year. Had nothing to do with the total # on a scholly.

VN Store

Back