Eric Berry

govols182

I was looking at his profile on rivals and saw that he had a very slow shuttle time. Does that mean anything?

is it when you run and pick a block up, bring it back, then get another block and bring it back

is it when you run and pick a block up, bring it back, then get another block and bring it back
yeah thats what i'm thinking i'm not sure what the distance is but it is a measurement of acceleration i'm pretty sure because its a short distance and you start you run to a certain distance run back and then run back to the same spot and then come back across where you started... atleast this is what i think it is

yeah thats what i'm thinking i'm not sure what the distance is but it is a measurement of acceleration i'm pretty sure because its a short distance and you start you run to a certain distance run back and then run back to the same spot and then come back across where you started... atleast this is what i think it is
i've run a shuttle at a combine. Its too hard to explain but here is a diagram of what you do below. You start in a 3 point stance in the middle line, there is a cone 5 yards to your left, and 5 yards to your right. You sprint to the right tag the line, run all the way to the left tag the line, and you time ends when you cross the middle divider. You can chose weather to go right first or left first. It test your Lateral quickness, coordination and your change of direction. A 4.3 shuttle is average and nothing special, Eric Winston of Miami ran a 4.4 shuttle last year in the NFL combine and he plays LT and is 330. Most of the 1st round lineman run 4.3 or 4.4 shuttles in the combine, Nick Mangold ran a 4.3. If he did run a 4.8 then that is terrible. I play defensive end and am 240 and I ran a 4.7 shuttle in the combine so thats terrible.

Attachments

• shuttle.JPG
    shuttle.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 5
That is why I was worried. Because when I was in high school and ran one, it was 4.4 something. I know I ain't faster than Berry.

I know, but the shuttle tests how quick you turn, and turning your hips is a big thing for corners.

Forget his shuttle time. Didn't y'all see him dominate at the AAA bowls? That's all the proof I need.

I agree, he's a stud. Not only is the kid a great athlete, but from everything I've heard he also has it b/n the ears unlike a former five star db we had. His intelligence is what separates him from everyone else.

Saw him in the AAA game and some HS clips. Neither quickness or speed appear to be a problem.

Wouldn't someone who ran a sub-4.4 but wasn't at least above avg in quickness be some kind of freak of nature? I know guys can be fast without being extraordinarily quick... but not slow.

I would suspect it was a bad test.

VN Store

Back