Entitled?

Sudden Impact

Who we are is what We do with what We have!
What have you done to earn entitlement? The fan base is Entitled to moan and groan, but in reality, Do they do so without identifying the problem? Most of the Blame lies with the Administration and not the Coaches they hired.

There is more to this mess of a team and it didn't start 2 years ago it's been around since Doug Dickey departed. Not sure about the Blackburn situation but he might have been the right guy to replace Hart.

What has happened here has occurred at every SEC program with the exception of a few. Top of the conference to the basement with a few exceptions. Some recovered quickly and some did not based upon the University's Reactions.

Some schools dug themselves into a deeper hole and their recovery lasted longer. Some Cheated to recover. For us, There have been personality conflicts between our ADs and Coaches, there has been too much Booster involvement, we hired Administrators that had no clue on how to run a program, there has been too much conflict been the powers and we have been teased.

Since Fulmer, we have hired 4 coaches that were IN OVER THEIR HEADS.... Yes, all of them. Yes, we were embarrassed when some coaches turned us down, wanted more money than offered, or used us to get a raise.

Add to it the Gruden Fruit hanging from the Trees (x2) to much money and the BUYOUTS. Talking about Self Inflicted wounds. These ADs and the Administrations have taken out a 9mm and continuously shot their toes off one by one at a time over the past 20 years.

As AD, Doug Dickey had control of every aspect and was in HMFIC. You don't have that today and if he was still here we would not have this mess.
Hamilton focused only on Money and boosters.
Cheek wanted smarter football players and raised the Standards beyond SEC Requirements for Scholarships,
Currie, need I say more,
Davenport in over her head which was obvious.
Kiffin not proven and immature at the time of his hiring. (He would have lead us to near-death (NCAA)...Now humbled.
Butch-Snake Oil Salesman,
Dooley was not capable of coaching a Power 5 school and was more of an Administrator.
Pruitt may not be ready for Prime Time, but don't Blame him we hired him.

If they wanted Gruden with staff then they should have paid him what he wanted. Between the buyouts and the team's record, we may have been better off chasing the Shiney Object.

We didn't, don't blame the coaches for coming here, place the blame on the people and Administration that hired them. This is the same group that almost hire Greg Schiano.

Exit that group, fired, hire another and hand them a hot mess.

This is a vicious 360-degree Cycle the appears to be on-going. It's worse than it appears IMO.

You think about all the coaching changes in the NCAA in the past years at the Top programs and you see that these schools did not make the same mistake twice. We made it in 3 successive hires and TBD if we did it in 4. Year 2 of a massive rebuild that probably has to be taken to Ground Zero to get to the top.

It's going to be painful, but we have to stabilize the patient no matter what the costs.

learn to speed read.

Its been too long since we have had a

1) Winning Record
2) SEC title
3) Division title
4) Beaten FL, AL, GA, Vanderbilt,
5) Top 25 ranking
6) Seen anything remotely resembling recovery.
7) and the list goes on and on.

Thanks! Lol

And when you keep hiring bad coaches, the solution is to hire a good coach, not to keep a bad one around longer. I'd say IMO but I feel like that should be universal

Reactions: sona
I mean the fans/donors are funding this s**tshow 100% correct? Tickets, concession, apparel, watching commercials, going to bowl games. The administrators are only administrating all of those funds totaling over 100 million. I think that entitles the fans to at least complain when the product purchased in so inferior.

Calling a bad coach a bad coach is neither "moaning and groaning" nor entitlement.

There was more to it than that in another thread.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Figure it out the fans want this and that with a Coaching Change and time will tell with Pruitt. At present not favorable but what is he seeing that we aren't privy to.

Look at where we are and how the program got to this state of condition.

Jones played the Administration like a fiddle. His buyout and headed to Alabama.

What have you done to earn entitlement? The fan base is Entitled to moan and groan, but in reality, Do they do so without identifying the problem? Most of the Blame lies with the Administration and not the Coaches they hired.

There is more to this mess of a team and it didn't start 2 years ago it's been around since Doug Dickey departed. Not sure about the Blackburn situation but he might have been the right guy to replace Hart.

What has happened here has occurred at every SEC program with the exception of a few. Top of the conference to the basement with a few exceptions. Some recovered quickly and some did not based upon the University's Reactions.

Some schools dug themselves into a deeper hole and their recovery lasted longer. Some Cheated to recover. For us, There have been personality conflicts between our ADs and Coaches, there has been too much Booster involvement, we hired Administrators that had no clue on how to run a program, there has been too much conflict been the powers and we have been teased.

Since Fulmer, we have hired 4 coaches that were IN OVER THEIR HEADS.... Yes, all of them. Yes, we were embarrassed when some coaches turned us down, wanted more money than offered, or used us to get a raise.

Add to it the Gruden Fruit hanging from the Trees (x2) to much money and the BUYOUTS. Talking about Self Inflicted wounds. These ADs and the Administrations have taken out a 9mm and continuously shot their toes off one by one at a time over the past 20 years.

As AD, Doug Dickey had control of every aspect and was in HMFIC. You don't have that today and if he was still here we would not have this mess.
Cheek wanted smarter football players and raised the Standards beyond SEC Requirements for Scholarships,
Currie, need I say more,
Kiffin not proven and immature at the time of his hiring. (He would have lead us to near-death (NCAA)...Now humbled.
Dooley was not capable of coaching a Power 5 school and was more of an Administrator.

If they wanted Gruden with staff then they should have paid him what he wanted. Between the buyouts and the team's record, we may have been better off chasing the Shiney Object.

We didn't, don't blame the coaches for coming here, place the blame on the people and Administration that hired them. This is the same group that almost hire Greg Schiano.

This is a vicious 360-degree Cycle the appears to be on-going. It's worse than it appears IMO.

You think about all the coaching changes in the NCAA in the past years at the Top programs and you see that these schools did not make the same mistake twice. We made it in 3 successive hires and TBD if we did it in 4. Year 2 of a massive rebuild that probably has to be taken to Ground Zero to get to the top.

It's going to be painful, but we have to stabilize the patient no matter what the costs.
Tldr. Brevity is your friend

I think we have all identified the problem is a weak, uninspired administration that has no idea how to manage or care to manage the football program. That was abundantly clear during Schiano-gate.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

Currie, need I say more,

Okey doke..... I'll bite.....

I'll accept your premise as presented if you can explain to me how ANYONE in the administration is responsible for multiple occasions of lining up wrong.

Before this fiasco at UT is over, Pruitt will be the most hated person in Tennessee, but there’s no end in sight for the bumkin

I mean the fans/donors are funding this s**tshow 100% correct? Tickets, concession, apparel, watching commercials, going to bowl games. The administrators are only administrating all of those funds totaling over 100 million. I think that entitles the fans to at least complain when the product purchased in so inferior.

That is my point exactly. They are not.

With the Administration of funds, comes the decisions on how to use it. By who, whom?
There is no evidence the Administration has used it wisely. Contrary, as we have seen the donors have used their money for power and influence. Gruden (x2) or was that all for a show to get Pruitt.

If you donate 10 million dollars do you you have the right to direct what coaches to hire or any decisions on how the money is used. Do you threaten to not to donate if they hire Coach x over Coach y. If allowed, then Donors have interjected themselves into the hiring process.

The Administration handled this well with DD it went downhill with Hamilton and have continued to get worse with Hart, Currie. Remember the Administration hired Currie who was not qualified and Davenport who was in over her head.

Okey doke..... I'll bite.....

I'll accept your premise as presented if you can explain to me how ANYONE in the administration is responsible for multiple occasions of lining up wrong.

Don't just focus on Pruitt, the AD and Administration put us in this situation.

I did not say that Pruitt was the answer and I did not hire him. In brief, I stated it was Administration fault for not going for the right hire to begin with and kept making bad decisions one right after the other over 10 years.

When you select, the third and fifth choices because you been strung alone by rumors or you are looking for bargain-basement specials or you are getting turned down by coaches, or $400,000 buyouts. You are not doing your job.

The Gruden and Shiano fiascos have been disasters. Shiano finally came out to support our justification, but we took a beating in a critical hiring period.

Last edited:
I think we can all agree that Pruitt had a great resume coming in his defenses everywhere he was were terrific nothing like we have seen here. I don't know how he did it at all them places unless he just had a system they insisted he run or far better athletes than we have on our roster. JMO Pruitt is not gonna make it here at Tennessee he is a bad hire he is about as exciting as paint drying and his personality and enthusiasm is already a big turnoff for me to the point I can no longer even watch his press conferences. I had hopes for him that are now totally dashed you don't come out in season two and fail like he has you can at least beat the non conference opponents.. I feel like we are again just like with Butch Jones and Dooley killing time just waiting for the obvious to happen. That meaning another coached fired and another freaking coaching search it is all to much to endure, but I feel it is upon us again.

Reactions: GlockVol
learn to speed read.

Its been too long since we have had a

1) Winning Record
2) SEC title
3) Division title
4) Beaten FL, AL, GA, Vanderbilt,
5) Top 25 ranking
6) Seen anything remotely resembling recovery.
7) and the list goes on and on.

Learn to summarize.

Don't just focus on Pruitt, the AD and Administration put us in this situation.

I did not say that Pruitt was the answer and I did not hire him. In brief, I stated it was Administration fault for not going for the right hire to begin with and kept making bad decisions one right after the other over 10 years.

When you select, the third and fifth choices because you been strung alone by rumors or you are looking for bargain-basement specials or you are getting turned down by coaches, or $400,000 buyouts. You are not doing your job.

The Gruden and Shiano fiascos have been disasters. Shiano finally came out to support our justification, but we took a beating in a critical hiring period.

So players lining up wrong, throwing into tight coverage, lack of discipline (PF penalties, dead-ball penalties), players looking to the sideline seconds before the snap asking "Is this my guy?", etc. etc. ad nauseam are all the fault of the administration?

Hmmmm...... Guess I'll have to re-think my notion of what a college football coach is actually responsible for.

So players lining up wrong, throwing into tight coverage, lack of discipline (PF penalties, dead-ball penalties), players looking to the sideline seconds before the snap asking "Is this my guy?", etc. etc. ad nauseam are all the fault of the administration?

Hmmmm...... Guess I'll have to re-think my notion of what a college football coach is actually responsible for.

Don't twist words, are you looking for an out? Bringing the players into this is, must mean you are looking for an out or totally wanting to blame the Staff and Coach.

Didn't say that what we have on the field wasn't the Coaches fault.

I do believe that The path that we are at today is/was the path paved by the Administrators of our Football Program and others.

I think we can all agree that Pruitt had a great resume coming in his defenses everywhere he was were terrific nothing like we have seen here. I don't know how he did it at all them places unless he just had a system they insisted he run or far better athletes than we have on our roster. JMO Pruitt is not gonna make it here at Tennessee he is a bad hire he is about as exciting as paint drying and his personality and enthusiasm is already a big turnoff for me to the point I can no longer even watch his press conferences. I had hopes for him that are now totally dashed you don't come out in season two and fail like he has you can at least beat the non conference opponents.. I feel like we are again just like with Butch Jones and Dooley killing time just waiting for the obvious to happen. That meaning another coached fired and another freaking coaching search it is all to much to endure, but I feel it is upon us again.
So Auburn win and 11th ranked beatdown of Kentucky meant nothing. I believe he gets time to get his team together and that means 2 more years.

VN Store

Back