Entire FBS Open

ESPN's computer model, the Football Power Index, has updated its top 25 rankings following Week 5.

Here's the latest top 25 rankings from ESPN:

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Texas
  7. Utah
  8. LSU
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Tennessee
  11. USC
  12. Penn State
  13. TCU
  14. Minnesota
  15. Oklahoma State
  16. Baylor
  17. Mississippi State
  18. Notre Dame
  19. Oklahoma
  20. Cincinnati
  21. Maryland
  22. Oregon
  23. Washington
  24. Kentucky
  25. NC State

Reactions: Jeff Clark
That backup is their future!! He is five star!
He kinda reminds me of Dobbs. Talented kid for sure. Since he reshirted, he's got a year under his belt so I don't think the stage will get too big for him. Bama will look different with him in the game but he will present problems that young didn't.

Yes Bama does. They won by over 20 with their bu QB over a top 20 team. They looked dominant

They were up 21-0 before Young got hurt. Ark made it close in the 3rd Q but a couple big plays from Bama made it lopsided again. Ark is not built for a 3 score 4th Q comeback.

Now I’m not predicting a TN win but they are vulnerable. More so than I’ve seen in a few years. We also get them in the middle of a tough stretch of games.

Georgia showing kinks in the armor too. The likelyhood of us beating both is zero. Getting one of the two? I’m liking our chances.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
ESPN's computer model, the Football Power Index, has updated its top 25 rankings following Week 5.

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Texas
  7. Utah
  8. LSU
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Tennessee
  11. USC
  12. Penn State
  13. TCU
  14. Minnesota
  15. Oklahoma State
  16. Baylor
  17. Mississippi State
  18. Notre Dame
  19. Oklahoma
  20. Cincinnati
  21. Maryland
  22. Oregon
  23. Washington
  24. Kentucky
  25. NC State
I like the motivation that comes with being an underdog to LSU because the Vols have a lot of work to do before they are playing their best ball.

Having said that, the computer must have watched a different Auburn-LSU game than I did. Both of the teams I watched looked sloppy with unimpressive defenses and (at least for LSU) a weak OL.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Georgia
  4. Michigan
  5. Clemson
  6. Texas
  7. Utah
  8. LSU
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Tennessee
  11. USC
  12. Penn State
  13. TCU
  14. Minnesota
  15. Oklahoma State
  16. Baylor
  17. Mississippi State
  18. Notre Dame
  19. Oklahoma
  20. Cincinnati
  21. Maryland
  22. Oregon
  23. Washington
  24. Kentucky
  25. NC State
It's so nice to see Tennessee in the Top 10

Those of you saying that bama looked dominate, did you even watch the game? Or did you just watch the highlights? Bama was far from dominate, arkansas gave that game away with crap run defense. Without Brice young they are not a contender

VN Store

Back