Enough with the excuses!

Seriously, though, we do have a lot of young, albeit talented players, but I like what Butch did to keep some leadership.

1. Convinced AJ to stay for his senior year
2. Managed CM so he could get healthy and be available to spark the DL this year.
3. Appears to have a healthy Randolph to lead the secondary.
4. Has fostered a healthy competition among the QBs almost guaranteeing better performance in 2014.
5. Somehow caused Lane to recommit, bringing Senior leadership to the RB pool.
6. Managed the redemption of Alton Howard showing committment to the player while maintaining high standards
7. Appears to have a genuine leader in big Mack on the OL
8. Add in a very dynamic set of receivers and things look pretty bright.

The key will be to minimize the mistakes and put players in a position to recover when they happen. I'm excited to see what happens in year two.

Reactions: 4 people
These threads are becoming phsycially painful to read. Maybe I can get some sort of prescription for that. Then, maybe I too, can start posting threads like this. Once I'm all hopped up on meds...

At least wait until the season starts before you start *****ing and moaning about this team or this coaching staff. I for one am happy with job this coaching has done in the offseason, which is recruit like bosses.

i've said all along jones coaching ability is suspect. he needs to look good this year or next year he will be on the hot seat.

Y'all are outta y'all's mind.. Gotta give him time folks I don't understand what y'all are not seeing he's building something special.
Once the horses get in the stable we will be out and running. He's had one year with Coach Doofus players.

Reactions: 3 people
Seriously, though, we do have a lot of young, albeit talented players, but I like what Butch did to keep some leadership.

1. Convinced AJ to stay for his senior year
2. Managed CM so he could get healthy and be available to spark the DL this year.
3. Appears to have a healthy Randolph to lead the secondary.
4. Has fostered a healthy competition among the QBs almost guaranteeing better performance in 2014.
5. Somehow caused Lane to recommit, bringing Senior leadership to the RB pool.
6. Managed the redemption of Alton Howard showing committment to the player while maintaining high standards
7. Appears to have a genuine leader in big Mack on the OL
8. Add in a very dynamic set of receivers and things look pretty bright.

The key will be to minimize the mistakes and put players in a position to recover when they happen. I'm excited to see what happens in year two.
Great post and I agree with all as I'm also excited to see what the future brings...

Y'all are outta y'all's mind.. Gotta give him time folks I don't understand what y'all are not seeing he's building something special.
Once the horses get in the stable we will be out and running. He's had one year with Coach Doofus players.

he's in year 2 time to see some things change. better qb play will help, but i still don't see a good qb on the team. i don't think anybody wants to be in year 4 with a losing record. by year 3 we finish 5-7 or 6-6 it is time for him to go, it would be pretty obvious he doesn't have it.

he's in year 2 time to see some things change. better qb play will help, but i still don't see a good qb on the team. i don't think anybody wants to be in year 4 with a losing record. by year 3 we finish 5-7 or 6-6 it is time for him to go, it would be pretty obvious he doesn't have it.

Very unlikely to happen.. Momentum is with us

Reactions: 1 person
Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

Reality is: we are young. 50+ underclassmen make up the roster. call me :crazy:, but that is the truth Sir. :hi:

Yeah since Having a new coach every 2.5 years since 2008 has been so beneficial program, why not just repeat the process, right?

Reactions: 2 people
when you have idiots picking coaches that tends to happen. heard the same excuse for dooley. just wasted another year by keeping him.

Yeah. Oddly enough, Penn State doesn't really seem to be struggling with coaching turnover, even with all their sanctions and lost players. Auburn seems to do alright firing their coach as soon as he has a losing season. Goes to show you what can happen when you actually try to hire the best guy for the job.

Wow. All I can say after reading all that. Some people shouldn't be allowed around computer already wantin championships and titles and so on and so on. Nevermind that we play on of the toughest schedules again what is it the 4th toughest schedule. Were young inexperienced but I'm sure coach jones is doing everything in his power to make us succesful. Its not like he is bringing in top shelf talent to have a bake sale instead of practicing. Rant over
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A consistent pass rush would be a great first step...No real pass from both DE in a while. Change it and we maybe sneak out an extra win or two

Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

You are getting bashed for your post, but "We are a young team", has been the refrain every year for several years now.

And I am fully aware of what has been going on with the football program for the past several years.

Get it out of your system now, because we are still 2 years away, you can beat your head against the wall flip people off at the red light start a fight in a bar when some FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFer says roll tide, but we cant make these freshmen juniors and seniors, just a little more waiting and we the BIG ORANGE will rule college football.:)

You are getting bashed for your post, but "We are a young team", has been the refrain every year for several years now.

And I am fully aware of what has been going on with the football program for the past several years.

Its just so simple look at both lines, and tell me we are ready for the big boys, we are not, I know it gets tired of hearing wait till next year, there is one thing different this time we are pulling in big time talent that can win the SEC, not like years past when we might pull in 3 or 4 very good players, these players can play for anybody and a lot will play in the NFL, we got to let the process play out and we will be rewarded with SEC championships and shots at the playoffs and the big prize at the end.:rock:

Its just so simple look at both lines, and tell me we are ready for the big boys, we are not, I know it gets tired of hearing wait till next year, there is one thing different this time we are pulling in big time talent that can win the SEC, not like years past when we might pull in 3 or 4 very good players, these players can play for anybody and a lot will play in the NFL, we got to let the process play out and we will be rewarded with SEC championships and shots at the playoffs and the big prize at the end.:rock:

That makes to much sense for some these posters its easier to make stupid threads because they can't realize this and wonder why they get bashed for it

That makes to much sense for some these posters its easier to make stupid threads because they can't realize this and wonder why they get bashed for it

Dooley really shat the bed with the 2012 recruiting class.. Basically nothing on the OL and DL. These guys should be some #1 and #2 on the depth chart.. But zipooooo

Dooley really shat the bed with the 2012 recruiting class.. Basically nothing on the OL and DL. These guys should be some #1 and #2 on the depth chart.. But zipooooo

I agree dooley did a poor job but dooley also wasn't selling the program. From what I gathered with dooleys recruiting its "hey, here's an offer from the university of tennessee take it or leave it." But jones has a master plan well I believe so and it is gonna take some time and he deserves that time

I agree dooley did a poor job but dooley also wasn't selling the program. From what I gathered with dooleys recruiting its "hey, here's an offer from the university of tennessee take it or leave it." But jones has a master plan well I believe so and it is gonna take some time and he deserves that time

You are right... I have always felt that you win in this league with a Dominate front 4 on the DL.. A few years away

You are right... I have always felt that you win in this league with a Dominate front 4 on the DL.. A few years away

The best part is we are going to continue to upgrade every year at every position. I watched the movie the blindside the other day for the first time (I know) but when the college coaches showed up to watch micheal orr then the one coach says well there's tennessee we might as well go home. What instantly came to mind was that's what were gonna be again we will be feared once again

VN Store

Back