Enough with the excuses!

They weren't in control when our guys scored in the second qtr. They put a decent drive together right after that, but that fumble should've counted and they may have ended up down by 1 at halftime. Instead, the D was letdown and gave up a score.

Hell, they didn't even have the game completely in hand after the first interception in the endzone. It took the pick six to put the Vols away.

No. Look, our guys played hard, never gave up and if a couple breaks go our way, especially the bad fumble call, we could've made the score more respectable. But there was really no point in the game where OU wasn't in control or when we had them on the ropes. That's just the truth.

Completely agree. I've urged him in the past to get off the internet and finish his math homework. No way he's in the 8th grade yet.

You think an 8th grader could handle a KTM 350 on some Rocky Mountain single track? Man you are more clueless then I thought. And ya I was wrong about some things, thanks for hammering that home, feel better now? Huh?

Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

5 years from now we will still be hearing this. just the way it is. it is what tennessee football has come to because we are not good anymore.

Going back to Fulmer "we're a young team" and his banter with "the next recruiting class" to Dooleys "we're young bla bla bla" Now, we have Butch following the same pattern! Well, those players should be parents of Jr. High kids by now and all these great recruits should be winning us NCs! No more year zero and other slogans because as of last year Butch and the team got rung all season long beginning with Oregan and let GA off the hook and that's not counting the loss against Fla. I say no more excuses and no more pumping sunshine!

Our Freshman/Sophomore classes would compete with any team in the country's Freshman/Sophomore classes. We are young! There is no way around that. As I have stated before, there is a huge difference in a young Butch Jones team and a young Derek Dooley team.

You think an 8th grader could handle a KTM 350 on some Rocky Mountain single track? Man you are more clueless then I thought. And ya I was wrong about some things, thanks for hammering that home, feel better now? Huh?

I have no idea who you are, no idea how you are. The posts you author in here however, reek of those written by a 12 year old.

Btw, you were wrong again this weekend. What gem do you have for us for the Georgia game?

5 years from now we will still be hearing this. just the way it is. it is what tennessee football has come to because we are not good anymore.

I can absolutely understand, given recent history, how one might feel this way. However, TN football had "come to this" before and came back.

Where does your certainty of "anymore" extending 5yrs from now come from?

I have no idea who you are, no idea how you are. The posts you author in here however, reek of those written by a 12 year old.

Btw, you were wrong again this weekend. What gem do you have for us for the Georgia game?

After watching the OU game, I feel like UT can beat anyone left on the schedule.

People sitting here picking on fellow vol fans make me freggin sick...and you say nationdom has the problem. Your a bunch a damn hypocrites. Grow up and get a life...maybe find a girlfriend under 400lbs while your at it. Freggin idiots

Reactions: 1 person
I can absolutely understand, given recent history, how one might feel this way. However, TN football had "come to this" before and came back.

Where does your certainty of "anymore" extending 5yrs from now come from?

no certainty. just looking at what is happening on the field and QB's on the team and the coaching. all leads me to believe i'm not sure jones is gonna lead us out of this mess. he is a lot better than dooley, but his record isn't so there is reason for concern.

People sitting here picking on fellow vol fans make me freggin sick...and you say nationdom has the problem. Your a bunch a damn hypocrites. Grow up and get a life...maybe find a girlfriend under 400lbs while your at it. Freggin idiots

Hypocritical post about being hypocritical, is hypocritical.

Reactions: 1 person
no certainty. just looking at what is happening on the field and QB's on the team and the coaching. all leads me to believe i'm not sure jones is gonna lead us out of this mess. he is a lot better than dooley, but his record isn't so there is reason for concern.

Perhaps, but I've seen on the field improvement (the D is actually a bit ahead of what I was expecting at this point) and at least as I type this the influx of talent appears to still be very good. I can certainly understand caution but, at least at this point, I don't see why you would completely eschew any sense of optimism.

Perhaps, but I've seen on the field improvement (the D is actually a bit ahead of what I was expecting at this point) and at least as I type this the influx of talent appears to still be very good. I can certainly understand caution but, at least at this point, I don't see why you would completely eschew any sense of optimism.

i've seen a lot of improvement on D. our O is really not coming together. either being the scheme or inexperience or worley. they really don't look good. with the talent they have even being young they should look some better.

I went to the utsports website and counted 55 freshman, redshirt freshman and sophomores on the roster.

I don't know how many are walkons of those 55, but that's a lot.

Say what you want, but this season "youth" is a legitimate cause for concern.

Exactly. Butch inherited this mess, and all 3 previous coaches contributed. I dont hear him making excuses so much as I hear him stating facts. We'll never see another Excuse-A-Thon like we had with Fulmer.

Is this the year we stop hearing the "we played X amount of freshmen last year"? Eventually, these freshmen from years past have to be upperclassmen don't they? Or, do we start stating obscene numbers of X amount of injured players missing X amount of quarters?

It's pretty much put up or shut up time. The East is down, we are ready, it's time to start dishing out some payback a decade in the making.

Reactions: 2 people
Is this the year we stop hearing the "we played X amount of freshmen last year"? Eventually, these freshmen from years past have to be upperclassmen don't they? Or, do we start stating obscene numbers of X amount of injured players missing X amount of quarters?

knoxvols11 is that you giving yourself a bump with a new name?

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back