Enough of the negativity! What needs to happen for you to have some excitement headed into the 2023?

I want us to see us rebound and blow out Vandy. I don't want our defense to be lethargic and sleepy looking.

I think if we got North Carolina or Oregon that would be a really fun game.

Reactions: tbh
I wanna see Joe be an accurate passer on these last two games. Touch passes and timing routes, not just flamethrowers and deep balls. I will be a little more confident going into next season

I'm very excited anyway. I'd love to see Milton look good. I know he's not going to be Hooker but I love his potential. I'm actually excited for Keith next year because he's 6'2 225 and running back is one of the easiest places to play as a freshman, it will be good to have a big bruiser for a change. I'll be even more excited if we get some decent defensive backs and linebackers in the portal.
A big running back, a couple of corners that could start as freshmen (like Alontae) and a solid linebacker to pair with Beasley would do wonders for this team next year.

Reactions: VolArmy74
Let's move on guys.

What are you looking for against Vandy? Who are you hoping to be matched up with in a bowl game and why?
Looking forward to see how Joe Milton performs. I'm of the believers who believe this guy is the key to playoff next year. Orange is the way. Love them Vols🧡🍊🍊🍊

Just give a darn. And if some players don’t…..let some that do. I’d rather lose by 30 with players that cared than by 20 with guys who don’t. I was at the 2018 Vandy game where we got killed. There were UT guys dancing on the sidelines, etc. There have got to be guys on the team with pride in team. Step up!! I’m old and just played through high school because I wasn’t good enough to go further. I’d have given about anything to play for UT. I just want to see some guys with that “want to” and pride.

Last edited:
I’d be overjoyed to hear that the Vols spent a week of bowl prep on learning angles and doing wrap up tackling drills and some of the running backs worked on balance training while straight line running. 🤷‍♀️

600 yards of rushing offense plus 3-4 deep shot TDs over the last two games, hopefully in comfortable victories.

Joe Milton is Arian Foster with a cannon. Dude always falls forward for a gain of 3. We need to let him go full Cam Newton.

A couple of good offensive and defensive games to end the season, and Milton lighting up the scoreboard.

New DC would excite me at this point.

Banks has without doubt proven he’s not the guy to call a championship defense in this conference.

totally ignoring the fact that our defense wasn't good enough to win out in the playoffs even if we did get there.
This … and I’ll add defensive coaching as well. We had ONE good defensive game - against UK - and a couple of fair ones, perhaps.

They are vanderbilt. (Small “v” deliberate). Tennessee needs to put them in their place.

For me it's simple.
Beat Vandy, win the bowl game, whichever one they're in.
Silence the naysayers.
Get the recruits in, hit the portal, get some defense on campus STAT.

Reactions: bpalmer28
I need to see us win at Vandy. I need to see that Milton has truly changed and improved and the offense is in good hands. I see those things and I'll feel a lot better. What I DON'T want to see is for us to lose out and finish 9-4 and have Milton look like the same old Milton.

Forget 2023. We could well be on our way to a NY6 bowl!

What a season. I'm going to soak it in. 2 games left to enjoy this very special team. These have been the modern sugar vols. Just amazing.

Next year will come when it comes and 99% likely won't be near as exciting as this has been.

Enjoy the moment.

This season was great minus 2 games and now its almost over. First time I'm looking forward to the next season instead of a head coaching search in 15 years.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Let's move on guys.
What are you looking for against Vandy? Who are you hoping to be matched up with in a bowl game and why?

I think Javelin Joe will blow the Commodores out of the water. Bowl match up, Michigan, just because I like seeing our Vols especially, but any SEC team keep the sheep out of B1G schools.

Win convincingly Saturday and prove the SC game to be a fluke. Land a NY6 bowl, play competitively, and I'll be completely satisfied.

Best of luck getting an entire fanbase to post only things you want them to on a message board. Godspeed.

I watched the presser today.

One of the defensive players was asked how they are going to fix it for Vandy.

his response: "study more film"

I believe whatever was there on Saturday is still present.
Concerning for sure.

VN Store

Back