Enough of the negativity! What needs to happen for you to have some excitement headed into the 2023?

I extremely excited for the 2023 season. I think we can win 9 or 10 games. Looking forward to Milton’s development at QB. Really hoping the defense picks up.

Against Vandy? A pretty clean game. I want to see a focused TN team. I want to see great execution on the field. As fast as who I want in the NY6 bowl? I really don’t care because it’s gonna be awesome that we made it this far in year 2.

Get back to normal and thump Vandy. I don't really know the possibilities but would like to have Michigan. UNC might be fun too.

I would like to see Milton use the last two games to establish himself headed into next year. The Vols do not need a QB controversy.

Let's move on guys.

What are you looking for against Vandy? Who are you hoping to be matched up with in a bowl game and why?
Vandy: Run the ball down their throats to let the defense rest. MIlton throws a number of bombs and connects with enough to put up big points. Defense: Attack, Attack, Attack.

Bowl Game: Clemson in the Orange Bowl: We recruit directly against Clemson in the Carolinas and Georgia, even in Tennessee. Lets whip them and get the recruiting upper hand.

I want to see how Milton performs for a full game. I know there will be some drop off but I'm hoping he runs the offense effectively and is able to use his legs in the run game some. And I'd like to see how the defense bounces back. Bru will probably be out so I'd like to see how the other receivers do who haven't seen as much time. Hoping for some pressure from the defensive line.

For the bowl, hoping for the Sugar bowl or Orange bowl.

Reactions: alavolfan
Let's move on guys.

What are you looking for against Vandy? Who are you hoping to be matched up with in a bowl game and why?
I want to see Milton come out and show that his accuracy has improved and his decision making is far better than last season.

I’d like the defense to play like they did against Kentucky and LSU.

I’d like to see something happen positive in the kicking game.

As for a bowl, I want something in the spotlight that’s also winnable. I do t have an opponent in mind but another national brand program would be fun.

Milton running the offense and it looking the same as it did with Hooker. More control in his throws, and defense that steps up and actually plays this time.

Some say we may not be as good next year, but even if our offense it’s as on fire without hooker, if our defense steps up more it would even things out.

Already pretty pumped about football.

Hopefully the BB team does well.

Maybe Santa will bring me Victorinox I.N.O.X. Titanium this year.

This is Volfan mentality. Play lower end sunbelt level for most of 20 years = moan that we'll never get out of this pit and wish we could just have a competitive team in the SEC and be more than happy with 9-10 wins per year . --> Hire the right coach , get to 9 wins with the 2nd season not even over yet= moan that we choked away a shot at the playoffs and possible nation title, totally ignoring the fact that our defense wasn't good enough to win out in the playoffs even if we did get there.

This is Volfan mentality. Play lower end sunbelt level for most of 20 years = moan that we'll never get out of this pit and wish we could just have a competitive team in the SEC and be more than happy with 9-10 wins per year . --> Hire the right coach , get to 9 wins with the 2nd season not even over yet= moan that we choked away a shot at the playoffs and possible nation title, totally ignoring the fact that our defense wasn't good enough to win out in the playoffs even if we did get there.
I think it's pretty appropriate to be disappointed right now. If we are still moaning in a month, then I will agree with you.

Let's move on guys.

Paint Nashville orange for both Vandy and Titans games this weekend.

Then, drop Clemson or Penn State.....any place; any time.

Reactions: bpalmer28

Yeah all that’s true… except UT didn’t just lose a little. They looked horrible Saturday. A complete dismantling by a mediocre team erases most of the good feelings.

we’re gonna need a basis for hope In the last two games…

Reactions: lifeisdeep
TO the OP question.

Milton playing solid and building some chemistry would be a huge glimmer of Hope.

Possibly more importantly, the defense is embarrassed and comes out really playing tough.

One or both will make for a pleasant offseason and hold the recruiting class together.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Our OOC schedule is pretty easy next year with UVA in Nashville and UConn at home being the toughest. UConn may be wind up being a tougher game than Virginia, honestly. That would give us 4 wins there.

UK takes a big step back without Levis next year. A&M is a program in turmoil, but still dangerous.

As always, the season comes down to Florida, ‘Bama, and Georgia. Both UF and Alabama games are on the road, so that makes it more difficult.

There is a lot of turnover in the league next season at the QB position. Young, Hooker, Levis, and Bennett will all be gone. We have the benefit that it will be Year 3 for Milton in this system, and he will have 4 years overall with experience as the starter, including his time at Michigan.

I’m seeing these threads about negativity and turning on Heupel, but I’ve not seen it. Saturday night, we were all dumbfounded and I felt very negative. But after a bit, I thought of where we should be and how this team has excelled. The season is a success. Period. And I think the vast majority of this board agrees.

VN Store

Back