Enos to Miami

I believe both head coaches have seen the light that you need coaches with good resumes and body of work vs just being good recruiters. Both Enos at AL and Coley at GA seem to be being passed over as OC. Reports stated that Saban was going to promote Enos as OC when Tennessee showed interest in him. Now Georgia was rumored to have offered OC Gran from Kentucky yesterday instead of Coley on staff. Georgia denies Gran was offered the OC position. But yet Coley has not been offered as of yet.

Both GA and AL are also looking for DC’s.

For the record I support the hiring of Chaney as he has the long resume to support that he has the experience as a good OC. He may not be the flashy hire as some had hoped with those air raid offenses but I think he is a solid hire for Tennessee now and can and will adapt to our players strengths. I am just glad Tennessee is done with our search and can now focus on recruiting instead of searching for Coordinators during this critical time.

enos.JPG

There's trouble in Gumpaloosa! Jeh-neigh? Jen-NEIGH? JEN-NEIGH!?!?!?!

I assume the NC loss forced the issue somehow. I did think if Bama had stuck to the run after halftime they'd at least got back in it if not coming back to win.

Saban said he was going to promote Enos to OC. I think the intent was to make it official after the Championship game. However, after the devastating loss to Clemson, I think Saban recognizes that he needs an experienced OC who has done the job as an OC.

A lot of sports talk personalities have been saying that Nick will not stay with his current DC after the Championship game. I agree he will move on from him.

I haven't heard any indication of that. It's not like Lupoi's did any worse against Clemson in the CFPNCG than Pruitt's or Smart's. Unless a couple of guys change their minds between now and Monday, Bama will return 9 of 11 starters on D, including the entire secondary. I can't imagine that Saban is itching to make a change based on one bad game.

Saban said he was going to promote Enos to OC. I think the intent was to make it official after the Championship game. However, after the devastating loss to Clemson, I think Saban recognizes that he needs an experienced OC who has done the job as an OC.

Enos has OC experience.

I haven't heard any indication of that. It's not like Lupoi's did any worse against Clemson in the CFPNCG than Pruitt's or Smart's. Unless a couple of guys change their minds between now and Monday, Bama will return 9 of 11 starters on D, including the entire secondary. I can't imagine that Saban is itching to make a change based on one bad game.

I don’t claim to know if he is a good DC or not. But it has been discussed many times on tv sports shows, radio sports shows etc. Saban has not said anything to this publicly I agree. I am one of many that think he will make a change at this position. Just my opinion.

You are hearing very different than I and it’s not just because of one game.

VN Store

Back