‘23 EN TE Emmanuel Okoye (Tennessee commit)

Thank you. So it sounds as if he is going to be a bit more ready than i thought. He's obviously going to need some training but maybe he will be able to contribute at some point this season.
We'll see.

I'm not sure how much time he's practiced at TE if any at all. He'll play some because you can play up to 4 games and still RS. So might as well get him some live action early and see how he responds.

It’s comical we have a high 3* / low 4* player that people are calling a project. Folks are acting like he’s barely a top 1000 player. Not every player needs to see significant snaps right off the bat. He redshirts this year and they can bring in a portal player next year if he’s not ready. That doesn’t mean he’s a reach or a bust if he’s not ready to get significant action in 2024. At a minimum he would be stellar on special teams.
He's a project because he's never played a down of football in the United States.

He has played one year of football and it’s not the position he’s playing here. The tight end position in this offense is more complicated than people think and they don’t tend to play younger TEs anyway. Hes not going to play this year unless they want to waste a redshirt year on him just to play special teams for some reason

He has played one year of football and it’s not the position he’s playing here. The tight end position in this offense is more complicated than people think and they don’t tend to play younger TEs anyway. Hes not going to play this year unless they want to waste a redshirt year on him just to play special teams for some reason
He can play up to 4 games and still RS...

So are we recruiting him as TE?

Probably would like to get a point where almost no true freshmen contribute immediately. Always going to be a few that earn their way on to the field though.
You never want to get to that point, usually mean you’re recruiting at a Big 12 level. The Alabama, Georgia’s of the world almost always have a freak freshman that you just have to start.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Somebody brought up JJ Watt earlier. Besides the comparison of Butch Jones and Heupel as evaluators and developers, one has to look at the end effect of his story. Somehow starting out on offense didn’t destroy his potential. Okoye starts out as a TE and it doesn’t suit his talents (or potential thereof)? I have full confidence that this staff will identify and correct. But they have a track record of getting it right.

Probably would like to get a point where almost no true freshmen contribute immediately. Always going to be a few that earn their way on to the field though.
I know the coaches would love that scenario. It's so tricky with the top end recruits to try and redshirt them with the combo of NIL and the portal at play.

Last edited:
I would expect him to get some special teams work, just not more than 4 games worth.

That song is so good bro. Haven't stopped listening to it. NF so good and Cordae is on the come up. Can't wait to see them in Nashville in a month. Cordae's flow on that song was insane

Agreed. Highlight of the album for me and Cordae killed it just like Hopsin did on Lost. I'm loving NF's more confident approach even if I prefer Clouds and The Search more artistically and I'm definitely here for Cordae's ascension to the top of the game.

Congrats on the upcoming concert....I'm regretting that I didn't go see NF here in Jax last year. I usually don't love rap concerts (except when I've seen The Roots) but NF is very good live. I prefer rock concerts and my daughter loves hard rock. We went to see Our Last Night at The House of Blues in March and plan to go see Bring Me The Horizon in July and Avenged Sevenfold in September in Tampa. It's good to have live music back.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Okoye's thread is labelled "TE" and 15 different times it has been stated in the thread that we're recruiting him as a TE. So my question is:

Are we recruiting this guy as a TE?
We ain't recruiting him. I ain't sayin it again.

VN Store

Back