Emoni Bates to Transfer

DunwoodyVol

Emoni Bates has announced he will transfer from Memphis. Would the Vols have any interest? Could Barnes get him if we did?

Another one that wants promised PT and another one with too many people in his ear. Hardaway almost destroyed his team by playing him over more experienced guys who had earned their spot. Finally stopped it and Bates came down with “back issues”. I don’t see Barnes putting up with that mess.

I'd love to have him. He's a great scorer. Tom Izzo wanted him and that's enough for me. His coaching in Memphis likely was poor at best.

Reactions: VOLED
Question of the day. Does he get to keep that allegedly 6 figure NIL money that he supposedly got to go to Memphis? Classic example of needing to be careful how you hand out money. Probably headed home to Michigan or Michigan State.

I'd love to have him. He's a great scorer. Tom Izzo wanted him and that's enough for me. His coaching in Memphis likely was poor at best.
The issue was internal with a few team mates. As for Bates he has talent, but physically he was just not ready for this level yet. His maturity level isn't there yet. I'm not sure he could handle the intense coaching style of Coach Barnes, but on the flip side it's what he really needs if he embraced it. Coach Penney tried to sale him on being a point guard which was a recipe for failure.

Reactions: TitanicVolz

Thought Woodson had a solid year considering the lack of talent they had. They should be pretty good next season with the players they're bringing in. Wouldn't mind seeing Emoni at IU.

Reactions: Volfan1000

Thought Woodson had a solid year considering the lack of talent they had. They should be pretty good next season with the players they're bringing in. Wouldn't mind seeing Emoni at IU.

Yeah not bad. Seems like they lose a lot of close games

The issue was internal with a few team mates. As for Bates he has talent, but physically he was just not ready for this level yet. His maturity level isn't there yet. I'm not sure he could handle the intense coaching style of Coach Barnes, but on the flip side it's what he really needs if he embraced it. Coach Penney tried to sale him on being a point guard which was a recipe for failure.

Jmo a coach like Barnes is exactly what this kid needs,as u said would he or could he handle someone like Barnes is the million dollar question I guess...

Well if we did, Bates doesn’t know it. He listed 10 schools tonight that have contacted him and UT isn’t one of them. Only SEC school to contact him is Arkansas.
I think he was offered the first time around before he signed with Memphis if I'm not mistaken. I haven't heard anything about us offering him as of him entering the portal. But I could be wrong. Just my thoughts.

Well if we did, Bates doesn’t know it. He listed 10 schools tonight that have contacted him and UT isn’t one of them. Only SEC school to contact him is Arkansas.
Yes sorry, I was referring to our having offered him before he committed to UM. Another poster expressed he’d be shocked if Barnes was interested, I was just reminding him that Barnes was indeed interested not so long ago, but whether that’s still the case is anyone’s guess.

Yes sorry, I was referring to our having offered him before he committed to UM. Another poster expressed he’d be shocked if Barnes was interested, I was just reminding him that Barnes was indeed interested not so long ago, but whether that’s still the case is anyone’s guess.
Agree. He was all everything in high school- second coming of George Gervin. Everybody wanted to talk to him. Now he’s damaged goods with a bad reputation and a meddling family. He’s gonna have to have an attitude adjustment and gain some strength. Can’t imagine Barnes wanting him after witnessing what happened at Memphis.

Reactions: sammy80

Woodson was not a bad coach with the Atlanta Hawks.

Lon Kruger was easily the worst coach in the Hawks's franchise history.

VN Store

Back