Emmit Gooden dismissed from team

Well it's been a rough 48 hours Pope and now Gooden arrest.

Assuming he was 100%, he would have been an anchor to that DL. We do have depth that was established last season with his injury.

Looks like another scholly opening up. Middleton needs to be on best behavior now!

What an idiot. I honestly don't understand sometimes. He just threw it all away and for what! He should never hit a woman unless his life was in danger and i seriously doubt that.

This COVID crap just needs to go away...these guys just have too much time on their hands to get into situations where bad decisions are made.

That said though...he is old enough and been through enough to just walk away.
In years maybe.......

People will disappoint us at every turn. That's why our hope CAN NOT be in people. We are fallen creatures. I've given it a lot of thought over the years and just don't know how one would adequately explain to a grown man what some action like this will do to the rest of his life. And of course some people are just going to do stupid, idiotic, reprehensible things like this NO MATTER WHAT YOU TRY TO TEACH THEM! When will parents teach their sons there's never a situation where you strike a female. It borders on one of the most cowardly acts a man can perform.

His girlfriend treated at
hospital for head wounds which required stitches.

Reggie White was taught that the guy with the football is the enemy, aka devil. We need to bring back those Defensive Line Coaches and teach these young men that you only tackle the man with the ball, not the girl with the candle.

I believe in getting a fair trial and pray for people who are in trouble. This young man had a lot of opportunity. Could have made millions in the NFL and gotten a degree. Instead, it appears, he beat up on a girlfriend. Just dumb. Move on without him.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Did you guys watch Last Chance U with this guy? Clearly not an athletic scholar or has any interest in hanging around for a degree.

When he got hurt last year I figured that was it.

Travis Henry could barely write his own name. Let’s be honest, how many guys on the current roster really care about a degree? I would venture to say not many.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
"Now the question everyone's probably thinking : Does this give room for Banks? "
( I imagine a stand up comic saying that quote. )

Lol knew I could get a rise from you,didn't take long. BUT if discipline is going to be consistent, there should be a process E.G. can work his way back on the team.
This is very consistent. Scream at someone? Second chance. Send her to the hospital...bye.

Reactions: allvol123
I was afraid this was going to happen with him, if you watched last chance u, he seemed to always have something going on, coach on there said he's another emmitt Gooden away from being great and another away from a problem or something of that nature due to his constant personal foul penalties, and school work. I'm all about 2nd chances because I wouldn't be where I am today without one, but he's running through his quick and Pruitt and Fulmer won't deal with this crap

Reactions: ArdentVol

VN Store

Back