Emmit Gooden dismissed from team

Holy crap! First Emmit Gooden, now Emmit Golden? Must be a bad week for Vols named Emmit.

Reactions: GlockVol
This hurts from a depth standpoint but it gives younger players more snaps.

Good luck to Gooden in the future.

Hopefully, the rest will not be holding any candles. Didn't turn out too well for Gooden.

I was going to make a candle joke but you beat me to it.

If the allegations are true then he will not be missed at all by yours truly.

I really can't understand what is so hard about NEVER EVER HIT A WOMAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!
A little tosh here. What if you had 3 children, you walk into your home and she has drowned 2 of them and is just now dunking the third. You gonna just politely ask her to let the child's head out of the water? Or you gonna upper cut her?

Sorry, had to when I read that. Very rarely does never, ever happen. My point, on the side of hitting in most cases dont do it male or female.

Can’t blame this on Covid and saying this happened because he had too much time on his hands is nonsense. This happened because he got in an argument and apparently has anger and character issues.
What you are saying is true, but it is a fact that alcoholism and domestic assault have increased during the lock down.

Will never understand why these kids who have the world in there hands and have the potential to make millions of dollars throw it away over nothing, and then most of the time blame society.
what is bad is that if he is good enough a NFL team will sign him. This is what is wrong with society. If that was my daughter he wouldn't play football again.

Reactions: onevol74
What is wrong with these dudes. It’s not like you’re married to the woman. If she did something to get you that mad, just move on. Dude literally probably has 10-20 more women up in Knoxville to choose from (well not anymore).

Will never understand why these kids who have the world in there hands and have the potential to make millions of dollars throw it away over nothing, and then most of the time blame society.
Pampered athletes that get pushed through a system because of ability. They get away with things because they are enabled by others along the way. Then they get somewhere and too many people are aware of their actions. Then boom, accountability they didn’t see coming. Not an excuse, just my thoughts.

GOOD RIDDANCE!

So how many scholarships are we down to now? As many always say, these things seem to work themselves out on their own. GBO!

What??

Look at Matthew Butler stats in 2019
VS
Emmitt Goodens stats of 2018

Child please

(just a phrase. Not saying you're a child)
Different position. Gooden was playing the nose.

He would have added depth, but you can’t tolerate a player hitting a woman in the head with a glass. Nope. Pack your **** and hit the road.

I will add that I hope they have clear evidence as to what happened. I’ve seen women become more and more violent in recent years. A women can hit, kick and spit at a man and if he retaliates he’s the one that goes down.

Last edited:
I've seen enough wildly violent episodes from women that I don't automatically defer to "never hit a woman," but they are still the exception, and this does not sound like an exception. When it comes to this stuff, it seems Pruitt is supportive of players getting a chance to redeem themselves if he feels the situation warrants. Considering how quickly this was dealt with, it appears this situation was beyond redemption.

This COVID crap just needs to go away...these guys just have too much time on their hands to get into situations where bad decisions are made.

That said though...he is old enough and been through enough to just walk away.

Yeah, they should that energy out protesting with masks and such. You can get away with assault only if your protesting.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Wrong. Not similar to Banks at all.
Absolutely spot on. Plus if given the option, wants to be a Vol, he could get help with his issues, put in the effort, check all boxes, and perhaps be given a final chance next year, again if the University and Coaches deem this an option. He could also transfer and forego the Volnation wrath. Above all he needs to get help and learn his life lessons, or go on to repeat them. Something like the " Those who fail to learn from history thing".

VN Store

Back