Elliott on not taking UT job.

Give it a couple years.

I'd restate what you said a different way. Elliott is wise enough to know whoever takes the UT job is going to get his nuts handed to him, no matter how good a coach you are. This program is so broken that it's going to take a while.

Huepel on the other hand is Jeremy Pruitt 2.0. He's confident because he just got handed 4 million bucks out of the blue. Nobody else was looking to hire him. It's awful easy to be that confident when you got a huge pay raise of guaranteed money that is yours even if you fail miserably. And Heupel KNOWS he wasn't the guy UT wanted. So the expectations are very low that he will succeed.

Elliott on the other hand can have any job he chooses and the expectations on him are through the roof. Why would he NOT walk into the best possible opportunity to win? Huepel wasnt in that position. Nobody was looking at him.
Oof!

Here’s more FACTS: Hillbilly posts in every forum cept football related ones nowadays. 😅
And MWAVolFan, who was never really a Vol fan but instead a troll from some other school, doesn't come here any more. I think he deleted his account, even.

Things got too good for the Vols. He couldn't stand it. Heh.

I really didn't think that the Vols had much of a reason to pile on UVA that much next week.

I was anticipating a workmanlike ho-hum 42-14 style beat down/snoozer for the most part.

Now I'm not so sure. If nothing else, Heupel has shown that he can be a bit "petty" at times-which I personally find very amusing as it feels good to be on the other side after the beatings we took for 15 years.

After this hubbub, I could very easily see the pedal being fully on the floor next week much later than necessary lol.

Reactions: grandjason
Do you guys ever just take a second to recognize how lucky we got with that hiring search? Nobody (me included) was thrilled about Josh Heupel. We were wrong!
I was optimistic. But it wasn't the "home run" I hoped for.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Do you guys ever just take a second to recognize how lucky we got with that hiring search? Nobody (me included) was thrilled about Josh Heupel. We were wrong!
Lot of this board felt that way and I'm not faulting you one bit. As for me I was hoping we would hire a coach from one of the small schools that bloodied big boy noses on a consistent basis. I was ok with the hire, now I'm ecstatic.

Reactions: grandjason
And MWAVolFan, who was never really a Vol fan but instead a troll from some other school, doesn't come here any more. I think he deleted his account, even.

Things got too good for the Vols. He couldn't stand it. Heh.
I never much cared for his avatar with the bag over the General’s head. Just assumed he was a troll.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
In a similar vein, I too have turned down multiple jobs including the Papacy, the Presidency, and Chief fry cook at Waffle House.

And note the chattering dissent whenever Bama loses. Winning championships at an unprecedented pace merely holds them at bay. Trevor Lawrence and Burrows had them craving blood.
So far, Sabey has scapegoated and humiliated coordinators and the dimwits accepted it. They are probably in awe of the blood letting and indebted to him for the entertaining fall of "higher ups."

Reactions: butchna
Can't say I blame the guy. Even without sanctions, we've been giving HCs an average of 40 games before we fire them. With what were facing and our recent history I wouldn't touch this job if I was an up and coming coach.

But its basically the same with any school, who has had a winning record. Look at Fla. how many coaches have they had since meyer? You got to believe in yourself enough that you can build a winning team.

VN Store

Back