Ell Ash

(smokedog#3 @ Mar 31 said:
fulmer has allowed ash to return on a 0 tolerance policy. just read the article on the tenneesean.

Let's cut to the chase: Does Ash have any talent? :aggressive:

(Big Orange Diesel @ Apr 1 said:
After the Vandy game last year, UUUUMMMMM I wanted to cuss out Fulmer. Wait I did but He wasn't around nor was Hamilton, I wish they were! :banghead:

:lolabove:

(armchairvol @ Apr 1 said:
Let's cut to the chase: Does Ash have any talent? :aggressive:
Yes, he has plenty of talent. The OL needs his talent. Again, this kind of thing has happened many times before, not only at UT but at programs across the country. Emotions and intensity are a good thing. Ash crossed the line, but don't we want players that are intense and emotional? The kid should get one break and this is it.

This whole thing just shows that CPF remains unwilling to lay down the law and establish discipline. Second chances for your second chances, and so on and so forth. That is the Fulmer way. Look for a long off season filled with the usual legal troubles once spring practice breaks. One thing I did like in the article though is how Hamilton said this was Phillip's decision and Fulmer will have to accept the consequences if it turns out to be a bad one. IMO Hamilton is getting set to cut the head off the snake.

(Vol67 @ Apr 2 said:
Tells you what they think of Bolden

Its seems every year, there is one highly regarded recruit who turns out to be a disappointment. Sounds like it will be Bolden this year. He does have a good size though, 6'6 around 300 lb. The biggest tackle on the team I think.

(Vol67 @ Apr 1 said:
Let's get it correct right now HE CUSSED OUT THE HEAD COACH ON THE FIELD!
Ell Ash is now my favorite current UT player.

Cussing out the head coach takes balls but Fulmer would not have considered it if Bolden was playing up to expectations.

(tnpreach @ Apr 3 said:
Cussing out the head coach takes balls but Fulmer would not have considered it if Bolden was playing up to expectations.

That reinforces my point 100%. Once you start making exceptions for the guys you "need" you create an atmoshpere of resentment among the players. Pathetic is all I can say. :yuck:

(VolunteerHillbilly @ Apr 3 said:
That reinforces my point 100%. Once you start making exceptions for the guys you "need" you create an atmoshpere of resentment among the players. Pathetic is all I can say. :yuck:
I think the team was OK with it...if i remember correctly, and i could be wrong, some of the team members went to CPF to ask him to hear Ash out??? not sure about that, but i do know Ash had to apologize to the entire team....

anyway, i don't think this a huge deal....he isn't getting his s'ship back, he's not guarenteed to make it out of spring...and even if he does, he's going to have to pay for it out of his pocket from what i understand.

Had he gotten is scholarship reinstated, i would have a problem with this. he's got 3 years of eligibility left, he could have transferred elsewhere, but is choosing to stay and choosing to pay his own way.... :twocents:

I thought he got the ship back , but i could be wrong, but i know I read that some of the other team members went to bat for Ash so I don't think team resentment will be a problem.

VN Store

Back