Elite Dangerous

Right now I am Friendly with almost every faction in that system. It is in the Empire controlled space.

I think they may have changed that, but I'm not 100%

If I lock on to a wanted target and fire at it, even when cops fly between us, I've never seen my shots land on a cop. And that happens a lot.

nope - I got killed 3 times in a row by the Fed - made sure I didn't hit them the last two times.

I think it might have something to do the faction of the target and if they are aligned with the Fed ships... They always turn on me right after we finsh pummeling a pirate ship and I get the kill shot.

nope - I got killed 3 times in a row by the Fed - made sure I didn't hit them the last two times.

I think it might have something to do the faction of the target and if they are aligned with the Fed ships... They always turn on me right after we finsh pummeling a pirate ship and I get the kill shot.

Weird :/

To clarify, they don't always do it. I would help them whack 4-5 ships in a row with no issue. But they seem to jump me if I shoot certain ships even if they are wanted which makes me think it might be a faction issue.

Last edited:
To clarify, they don't always do it. I would help them whack 4-5 ships in a row with no issue. But they seem to jump me if I shoot certain ships even if they are wanted which makes me think it might be a faction issue.

You got this on the PC, right? If so you are more than welcome to join up with my buddy and I. Just let me know and I will give you the star system we are in.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm about 4,500ly away from the bubble on my way to Colonia. I've discovered dozens and dozens of planets and stars so far. Still no Earth-likes though. Lots of terraformables, water worlds, etc. though. I hope this ends up being a lucrative journey.

I'm about 4,500ly away from the bubble on my way to Colonia. I've discovered dozens and dozens of planets and stars so far. Still no Earth-likes though. Lots of terraformables, water worlds, etc. though. I hope this ends up being a lucrative journey.

I have been playing since this was an Early Access game on the XB1 and I believe I can still count the # of Earth-likes I've discovered on one hand. Water worlds and ammonia-worlds though, I've racked up into the hundreds.

Class II gas giants have also become extremely profitable for their rarity.

Attachments

• PUEKEAU-DT-N-B54-4-A-1-1-1220x686.jpg
    PUEKEAU-DT-N-B54-4-A-1-1-1220x686.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I have been playing since this was an Early Access game on the XB1 and I believe I can still count the # of Earth-likes I've discovered on one hand. Water worlds and ammonia-worlds though, I've racked up into the hundreds.

Class II gas giants have also become extremely profitable for their rarity.

Damn, really? I'll definitely need to start grabbing all of them up. What should I not waste my time with? Ice worlds? I found an ammonia gas giant with rings. That was pretty cool.

You got this on the PC, right? If so you are more than welcome to join up with my buddy and I. Just let me know and I will give you the star system we are in.

sure, man! My handle is IIISWILIII

Damn, really? I'll definitely need to start grabbing all of them up. What should I not waste my time with? Ice worlds? I found an ammonia gas giant with rings. That was pretty cool.

Let's just say you need this:

In order of things you *want* to scan based on how much money you make from them in approximate terms, it goes as follows:

1.) Earth-Like Worlds (600,000+ credits)
2.) Ammonia Worlds (320,000)
3.) Water Worlds (300,000)
4.) Metal Rich Worlds (65,000)
5.) Black Holes (60,000)
6.) Neutron Stars (54,000)
7.) Class II Gas Giants (53,000)
8.) High Metal Content Worlds (34,000)
9.) White Dwarf Stars (34,000)
10.) Class I Gas Giants (7,000)

Everything else in the game is less than 4,000 credits for a combined advanced discovery and detailed surface scan. That means icy bodies, rocky bodies, Class III/IV gas giants, gas giants with water-based or ammonia-based life, and all the other types of stars.

Attachments

• S13H_C-DWiW4TogvC5KRw7NoRGQOlL6hLXL35lRwwC8.jpg
    S13H_C-DWiW4TogvC5KRw7NoRGQOlL6hLXL35lRwwC8.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: 1 person
Let's just say you need this:

In order of things you *want* to scan based on how much money you make from them in approximate terms, it goes as follows:

1.) Earth-Like Worlds (600,000+ credits)
2.) Ammonia Worlds (320,000)
3.) Water Worlds (300,000)
4.) Metal Rich Worlds (65,000)
5.) Black Holes (60,000)
6.) Neutron Stars (54,000)
7.) Class II Gas Giants (53,000)
8.) High Metal Content Worlds (34,000)
9.) White Dwarf Stars (34,000)
10.) Class I Gas Giants (7,000)

Everything else in the game is less than 4,000 credits for a combined advanced discovery and detailed surface scan. That means icy bodies, rocky bodies, Class III/IV gas giants, gas giants with water-based or ammonia-based life, and all the other types of stars.

Good lord they've got it all charted out. Thanks.

I just spent $10 to integrate Voice Attack with Elite Dangerous... might be the best ten dollars I've ever spent on gaming.

Anyone else use it?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nq4prXqRt4[/youtube]

Hmmm, I will have to look into this when I get home. Seems interesting.

I'm having a blast with it. Not only can your customize voice commands to control your ship but you can also customize the ship's voice responses back to you

I'm having a blast with it. Not only can your customize voice commands to control your ship but you can also customize the ship's voice responses back to you

Yeah, between the HOTAS support, voice commands, and general improved textures, there are good reasons that really make me wish I still had a gaming rig.

On my way to Colonia (fml) and I just found 2 Earth-like planets side by side around 4,500ly away from my destination. These 20kly trips suuuuck. I may stay there for a while doing missions, if they're available, so I don't experience space madness on the way back lol

On my way to Colonia (fml) and I just found 2 Earth-like planets side by side around 4,500ly away from my destination. These 20kly trips suuuuck. I may stay there for a while doing missions, if they're available, so I don't experience space madness on the way back lol

I still haven't even been to Colonia. I'm thinking about joining up with an expedition going out that way from some guys on the Frontier forums, but I REALLY want to engineer some modules (the grind to do that though is real) before I go out again. There are no engineers in the Colonia bubble.

I'm still 2,000 ly away from Sol though, I have to force myself to log on tonight sometime, forget scanning (this is my #1 problem in this game) and just make a beeline straight home.

I still haven't even been to Colonia. I'm thinking about joining up with an expedition going out that way from some guys on the Frontier forums, but I REALLY want to engineer some modules (the grind to do that though is real) before I go out again. There are no engineers in the Colonia bubble.

I'm still 2,000 ly away from Sol though, I have to force myself to log on tonight sometime, forget scanning (this is my #1 problem in this game) and just make a beeline straight home.

Yeah I probably could have gotten there in much shorter time had I not stopped to scan every damn star and unique planet. My jumps are only 40ly.

Yeah I probably could have gotten there in much shorter time had I not stopped to scan every damn star and unique planet. My jumps are only 40ly.

My ASP's jump range is still just 37-something ly. I engineered it once and keep shields and a vehicle bay, etc, but I want to keep upgrading it to get it around 40-45 ly.

But yeah, every time I honk a system and see something I like, I just can't resist.

"Just one more scan."

[125 scans later]

My ASP's jump range is still just 37-something ly. I engineered it once and keep shields and a vehicle bay, etc, but I want to keep upgrading it to get it around 40-45 ly.

But yeah, every time I honk a system and see something I like, I just can't resist.

"Just one more scan."

[125 scans later]

Exactly. My thumbs got sore from doing the motion for 600+ systems lol

VN Store

Back