Elijah Simmons dunks, then makes 90 ft shot

Been trying to tell y'all EJ will end up being the MVP of 2019 class for the Vols... He and Crouch are going to transform our defense.

My roomie in Knoxville was big 84 Burton. He could dunk and was athletic at 6 6. I got to sit in on a meeting with him and Kevin O’Neil. A great memory. At the end of a couple of F bombs Shane was 100% football. There was some interest there though.

I could do that if part of my intestines weren't poking through a weak spot in my stomach. Well, that and the fact that I have no talent. Hernias hurt, man. Just a brief respite when I push them back in. Looking forward to the visit to the hernia poker-inner.

Go Vols!

Reactions: HuntlandVolinColo
Is he allowed to scream at the Center before ball is hiked or at QB when he drops back? That alone could cause a lot of turnovers!

Reactions: VolNExile
My roomie in Knoxville was big 84 Burton. He could dunk and was athletic at 6 6. I got to sit in on a meeting with him and Kevin O’Neil. A great memory. At the end of a couple of F bombs Shane was 100% football. There was some interest there though.

He used to live directly above me in Woodmeade South Apts

Elijah played B-Ball in high school, right? I seem to remember a semi-viral video of him playing basketball going around a while ago. Does anyone else remember this, or am I crazy?

It’s been a minute. Now, can he play SEC football at a high level? Jalen Hurd looked great on a treadmill running 20mph in the off-season and then when the games started, not so much.

That said, having a kid that massive with that type of explosion is great. If they can get his mind and technique right, we may have us a stud at nose.

I'm amazed at your consistency to bash Hurd with a broke down offensive line while being Guarantano's lap dog because of a terrible offensive line.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrizzlyVol
Impressive! The man can move for a 350+ pounder
I mentioned when he was first recruited he ran on one of Pearl's sprint relay teams. Not a joke, he actually did, was a 4 X 200 relay team member. Now Pearl Cohn has a lot of athletic kids going there. Him running a 200 sprint competitively says a lot about the kid IMO. Elijah Simmons

Reactions: midtnvol2
I mentioned when he was first recruited he ran on one of Pearl's sprint relay teams. Not a joke, he actually did, was a 4 X 200 relay team member. Now Pearl Cohn has a lot of athletic kids going there. Him running a 200 sprint competitively says a lot about the kid IMO. Elijah Simmons
He must be a workout warrior to move a big body like that and especially if he runs track. He may be close to playing shape when he arrives.

I'm amazed at your consistency to bash Hurd with a broke down offensive line while being Guarantano's lap dog because of a terrible offensive line.
He always says we've had an atrocious oline for years and that part is somewhat true but he claims that's what holds JG back, we didn't have a great oline while hurd was here and yet he rushed for 900 yds his freshman season and nearly 1300 yds his sophomore but he claims hurd sucks?? Obviously this dude doesn't know what he's talking about and not just on this subject pretty much anything related to Tennessee sports in general. Good post from you.
Go Vols!!

VN Store

Back