Eli Wolf receives UGA scholarship offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion if he goes to Athens, he loses his VFL card permanently. Go Vols.

You're getting close. Far better than you started out, anyway.

Glad this session has been helpful to you.

Really helpful. All the threads calling Richmond a bum and worse I couldn’t find you sticking up for him and jumping down peoples throat for saying he’s a bum, bust, waste of scholly, etc. guess it’s a selective type of thing. We’ll go with that

His scholarship resulted in a td in a loss and 78 yards total. Back in the respectable Tennessee football days we’d call that a waste of a scholarship. Now days I guess he deserves to have his number retired. I have no idea what number he wore because... yeah he’s a bum. Dude played 3 years at ut and has me beat by 78 yards and a td. That’s embarrassing lol

Your posts get dumber and dumber. Not one single person in this thread has said that Eli was an SEC-level TE, much less your strawman comment that people think his jersey should be retired. My criticism of your original post was that you needlessly called the young man a bum. Every post you have made since has simply reinforced my initial impression of you.

Reactions: k-town_king
best of luck to Eli. Personally calling him a bum is a bit far. He was never really put in a position to play as he got recruited over. I am sure in the right offense he will do fine and I hope he gets his chance. fact is that he does not fit this offense and the offenses he played in before didn't fit ANYONE. I mean I have never heard of an effective offense where the QB only gets 0.5 seconds after snap to do his thing.

Really helpful. All the threads calling Richmond a bum and worse I couldn’t find you sticking up for him and jumping down peoples throat for saying he’s a bum, bust, waste of scholly, etc. guess it’s a selective type of thing. We’ll go with that

Most days lately I stay away from the vitriol this forum has become.

Bad luck for you, today I'm in the mood to rumble.

Reactions: MoodyVol
I just hope all these people in the be nice to our guys group go back through the Richmond threads and light up all the people saying really nasty things about him. What she the difference? 🤔

For me it was the slowing of new posts, the slow down of news and just a general need for a break from my normal everyday routine.

It doesn’t always go like this but when it does... it really does.

Your posts get dumber and dumber. Not one single person in this thread has said that Eli was an SEC-level TE, much less your strawman comment that people think his jersey should be retired. My criticism of your original post was that you needlessly called the young man a bum. Every post you have made since has simply reinforced my initial impression of you.

Have you gotten mad and responded to people calling drew Richmond way worse all year or just me stating the obvious on Eli? Just curious

In a way I agree no one should be calling an of these kids bums. However there is a huge difference between the 2.. Richmond had plenty of opportunity to prove himself and his unit was the core reason other units like WR's TE's RB's and QB's were not able to shine much. I wouldn't call Richmond a bum but I do think that all our Olines the past 3-4 years have been depressing and he played one of the 2 key positions on the line (LT, C) for most of that period.

In a way I agree no one should be calling an of these kids bums. However there is a huge difference between the 2.. Richmond had plenty of opportunity to prove himself and his unit was the core reason other units like WR's TE's RB's and QB's were not able to shine much. I wouldn't call Richmond a bum but I do think that all our Olines the past 3-4 years have been depressing and he played one of the 2 key positions on the line (LT, C) for most of that period.

I totally agree. drew gave his all for ut and tried just as hard. He’s been called way worse on here all year and it’s been deathly silent. They’re both bad sec football players but where was all this support when drew was called a bum and waste of scholarship?

It looked like Drew had representation in that thread although I didn’t go very far into it because I didn’t like the direction of it. I do that with a lot of threads on here. To me, if you’re after page three, points have already been made and I usually don’t pile on either way.
I got on this one early made my point, now I’m out.

There is also a difference in being recruited and being a PWO. I mean check out the love for Bain. Don’t make this something it isn’t.

Sounds about right. Wish ol drew had the sameness support Eli has. Drew gets beaten to death all year on here and nobody says anything. Eli on the other hand.. interesting Hypocrisy

Last edited:
I didn't read all of the posts in this thread. But in light of the negative comments Eli Wolf was actually one of the most improved players that Pruitt was raving on this past spring. He may not be the best athlete but obviously has a solid work ethic and coachable. I don't think Pruitt is the type of person to give praise where it isn't due. Sad some of you feel you have to knock the kid.

Have you gotten mad and responded to people calling drew Richmond way worse all year or just me stating the obvious on Eli? Just curious

I didn't see anyone calling DR a bum, but would have said likely something if I had seen it. And I am not mad, but rather disgusted at the way some people on here feel the need to trash kids who wanted to play for UT. If you had simply said you were glad to see him go because he is not SEC caliber I would have never commented. Hell, if you had said Butch was a bum for bringing him to UT I might have even given you a like. But calling players names simply because they were not SEC level is not cool, IMO, and is a sign of immaturity. But then, I am assuming you are an adult; I might b wrong.

JMO but honestly I think it's just a bad look to call a kid a bum if he played here and never did anything deserving to be called out. I'm not saying Wolfe was an all star player or anything but see the kid out the door with class and grace. It's not about PC or any BS it's just being classy to a kid that did his best for this program.

Some players like Hurd had major contributions but probably deserve more criticism BC of their actions. Jmo

I didn't see anyone calling DR a bum, but would have said likely something if I had seen it. And I am not mad, but rather disgusted at the way some people on here feel the need to trash kids who wanted to play for UT. If you had simply said you were glad to see him go because he is not SEC caliber I would have never commented. Hell, if you had said Butch was a bum for bringing him to UT I might have even given you a like. But calling players names simply because they were not SEC level is not cool, IMO, and is a sign of immaturity. But then, I am assuming you are an adult; I might b wrong.

They’re both bad sec football players. But drew can be called every name in the book and nobody has his back but Eli gets called a bum and everybody freaks out. Go look at all the times drew was called a bust, bum and waste of scholarship and let me know who had his back like the Eli fan club on here. I went through the Richmond’s threads and everybody piled on and made a joke of him. He gave his all too right? He put all them hours in with Eli too right? What’s the difference? Seems like people pick and choose when to be “classy” or not.

But you can notice how quiet it’s gotten in here since the hypocrisy was pointed out. Funny how that muzzle works on people

Why would he jump out of the frying pan and into the fire? He couldn’t play at Tennessee but now he’s gonna go to UGA and get on the field? Makes no sense imo. He should go where he can play and succeed, which likely means a different conference.

Why would he jump out of the frying pan and into the fire? He couldn’t play at Tennessee but now he’s gonna go to UGA and get on the field? Makes no sense imo. He should go where he can play and succeed, which likely means a different conference.

But he’s got a big heart and tries really hard.

JMO but honestly I think it's just a bad look to call a kid a bum if he played here and never did anything deserving to be called out. I'm not saying Wolfe was an all star player or anything but see the kid out the door with class and grace. It's not about PC or any BS it's just being classy to a kid that did his best for this program.

Some players like Hurd had major contributions but probably deserve more criticism BC of their actions. Jmo

Drew Richmond got the opposite of class and grace out the door. He didn’t do anything to deserve the nasty things said about him. Why haven’t you had his back too?

They’re both bad sec football players. But drew can be called every name in the book and nobody has his back but Eli gets called a bum and everybody freaks out. Go look at all the times drew was called a bust, bum and waste of scholarship and let me know who had his back like the Eli fan club on here. I went through the Richmond’s threads and everybody piled on and made a joke of him. He gave his all too right? He put all them hours in with Eli too right? What’s the difference? Seems like people pick and choose when to be “classy” or not.

You in this thread.
giphy.gif

Kind of an odd offer by UGA. Doesn't really strike me as a good enough pass threat or blocker for UGA to pick up. Good luck to him wherever he ends up though. Seems like hes a good kid.

You in this thread.
giphy.gif

Why is Eli wolf a great hard working kid with great character and Richmond’s is a waste of scholarship and a cancer? One can be talked about like a dog and one gets called a bum and you lose your mind. Fill me in on the difference gif guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back