Election Night (or days, or weeks, or whatever) 2022

That's intresting. My main personal experience, my sister's husband and his family refuse to vote. They moved to East TN from California, they all say they don't vote because Republicans are gonna win TN regardless. They all bleed blue and want TN to turn blue.
Then why did they move to East TN? Not being persnickety. We have neighbors who moved from CA and have met others as well and they are all pretty conservative.

edit: saw the subsequent response related to a job move.

Reactions: AM64
Someone should tell Herschel there's no #1 overall pick involved, so there's no reason to throw the runoff like this.

And a huge win for the American people.
Split control brings gridlock which I’m damn happy about.
Now these ****ers will stop spending money for 2 years (maybe)
And we will have a fighting chance at ending Bidenflation
The worst thing that can happen to us is complete control with one party.
I got no problem with gridlock. It generally keeps the worthless Washington crowd on both sides in check.

And Democrats still lost control of the House. Are you telling me they aren't disappointed?

Neither party got the results they wanted. GOP doesn't get control of Congress, and Dems don't get to railroad through partisan legislation. The country wins.

But of course, you're going to keep echoing the party line.
Losing the house was a foregone conclusion long ago for the Dems. What is surprising is the close margin and the fact that they kept the Senate. That is a major upset.

Losing the house was a foregone conclusion long ago for the Dems. What is surprising is the close margin and the fact that they kept the Senate. That is a major upset.
Yeah, it stinks.. but things are going to get really bad and we are going to blame the Dems, with good reason

Reactions: AM64
I know. But, I do understand the reasoning behind the curing process.

I'm just thrilled we actually made it 218. Like Slice, I just want some gridlock. Put us in the middle of road please.
Gridlock is good.. and will be good if you have investments too (hopefully).. we have kids to send off to college next year and their mutual funds have been in the crapper since Biden got elected… fingers crossed.. normally your stocks do pretty well under a Dem president, so it’s kind of like your consolation prize lol but Biden beats all I ever saw 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: Jax_Vol
Gridlock is good.. and will be good if you have investments too (hopefully).. we have kids to send off to college next year and their mutual funds have been in the crapper since Biden got elected… fingers crossed.. normally your stocks do pretty well under a Dem president, so it’s kind of like your consolation prize lol but Biden beats all I ever saw 😂

Heard that. Poor ole Joe is kinda like me. Some days, you just wake up and can't remember stuff. :)

AP News and BBC calling the House majority for the GOP as well, along with NBC mentioned above. Now to wait on the final number of seats per party, which likely won't be known for certain until mid next week.

Also, Kevin McCarthy won the Republican party vote for Speaker of the House. Mitch "The Turtle" McConnell won the GOP vote today for Senate Minority Leader over Rick Scott.

There are at least two remaining which use ranked voting. List your first choice, second choice, third choice, etc.

Takes some time to go thru all that mathy.

Sarah Palin is in one of those districts. Counting votes gives them a winter project
That is an absurdly inefficient system. They've taken the simple concept of a two party, democratic system of elections, and made it unnecessarily complicated.

Fwiw, the low numbers coming in for Sarah Palin are kind of sad.

That is an absurdly inefficient system. They've taken the simple concept of a two party, democratic system of elections, and made it unnecessarily complicated.

Fwiw, the low numbers coming in for Sarah Palin are kind of sad.

The Palin race was basically one Democrat with 47% vs two Republicans who are getting 25% each. Assuming people ranked the two Reds one and two on their ballet, Sarah may end up actually winning that race. They haven't called it yet. There is also an independent in the mix.

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back