Edie Darby

I know Edie has a lot of supporters on this board she is not going to magically transform into a 6'1 guard. She is small and her wing span is actually disproportionately small. In basketball, it tends to go the other way, with better players having wingspins wider than their height. She is not a super explosive player either. I am a "never say neve"r guy but her physical limitations will be difficult to overcome. I know she has a great work ethic but the distribution of athletic gifts is not always fair.
Honest reply

She actually turned down scholarship offers to walk on at Tennessee to play with her sister. She will most likely be in scholarship by the end of her sophomore year if I had to get.

Walk-on at TN or play at lower level school? Very few would pass up that opportunity.

So the walk-on who has played a total of 41 minutes this season could potentially be the next Shannon Bobbitt or Shanna Zolman?

Never change Volnation... 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Raebo
alabama head was follow edia. Edia turn down offers how you know who offer her.?
Based on her Twitter. Posted Union, MTSU, UTM and Gardner Webb. Had she received a bigger offer seems she would have promoted it to gain more interest.

So the walk-on who has played a total of 41 minutes this season could potentially be the next Shannon Bobbitt or Shanna Zolman?

Never change Volnation... 🤣🤣🤣
Wish the young lady the very best and hope she’s living her dream. Not sure the board will be happy with her going up against UConn and USC if they get their wish. Also means we missed out on more recruits and portal players.

Reactions: Darth_Vol
Edie may never be a Superstar but I believe she can become a solid contributor in the future. Sure, she has some physical limitations but all sports have tons of players who have overcome their limitations with hard work and grit.
Now that is a good assessment

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I thought we had some PGs in the pipeline that are already better than Edie. Also think PG is our main priority in the portal. She might make an ok sub someday.

VN Store

Back