Edey was a 3 star coming out of IMG

A consensus three-star recruit, he reclassified to the 2020 class and committed to playing college basketball for Purdue over offers from Baylor and Santa Clara, among others.

Wikipedia

Guess a lot of schools and recruiting services overlooked him.
I think that’s all he was trying to say. And if he had just said “I’ve been overlooked all my life and it’s fueled me my entire career. Grateful to Coach Painter for taking a chance on me”, that would have been entirely appropriate.

Calling out Rick Barnes by name was totally unnecessary and makes him out to be a total dbag. I think that’s the impression any non-Purdue fan got by that statement.

I think that’s all he was trying to say. And if he had just said “I’ve been overlooked all my life and it’s fueled me my entire career. Grateful to Coach Painter for taking a chance on me”, that would have been entirely appropriate.

Calling out Rick Barnes by name was totally unnecessary and makes him out to be a total dbag. I think that’s the impression any non-Purdue fan got by that statement.
This… I’d bet my next paycheck that in their handful of interactions Barnes has been nothing but classy/complimentary to the kid. And he chose to make it personal and call him out by name. Speaks volumes about his character.

This… I’d bet my next paycheck that in their handful of interactions Barnes has been nothing but classy/complimentary to the kid. And he chose to make it personal and call him out by name. Speaks volumes about his character.
40 years ago, I was overlooked too but not bitter (being slow and unskilled may have had something to do with it)... but, us Reltneys had a good flag football intramural run! ha

Freak of nature..Hope the kid can make it in the NBA.
What other profession can a 7'4" 300 lb guy get into ? I can't imagine what a pair of shoes would cost, outside of basketball.

not trying to be smart, I thought all IMG players were 4 and 5 Stars. Tells me, maybe he wasn't so good at the time. Looks like a lot of coaches over looked him

Who knew that game officials would anoint him the human foul collection machine. The fouls come in, but they don't go out. Hey, if you're 7' 4" and 300 lbs, you're going commit 2 or 3 fouls each game just by turning around in the lane. But I digress....

Yep, I saw on Facebook chat someone said not a UT or Purdue fan but that was uncalled for and he said, I bet Coach Painter would have advised him to steer clear. Not a good look.

Absolutely, just a stupid, classless thing to say. You're in the Final Four with a legit shot to win the whole thing, you're the national player of the year, why take an unwarranted shot at one of the classiest people in the sport? Speaks volumes about his character.

Reactions: Volfan1000
His NBA career is nothing. He's made the most money he will make playing on a basketball court. I would suggest the WWE or arm wrestling tournaments in his future.

Not sure about everyone else, but I'm more than a little sick of seeing this neanderthal's name plastered all over the place.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Freak of nature..Hope the kid can make it in the NBA.
What other profession can a 7'4" 300 lb guy get into ? I can't imagine what a pair of shoes would cost, outside of basketball.
Dude could make a killing doing crown moulding, hanging ceiling fans, popcorn ceilings, etc.

VN Store

Back