Eddie George to be the new HC at Tennessee State?

Shytty hire by Tennessee State of a man with absolute zero coaching experience.

Reactions: tim
Too Tall Jones was an incredible defensive end
Funny thing.....He's from my hometown (Jackson) and was pretty good friends of my dad. He actually went to TSU on a basketball scholarship. I was fortunate to see one of his professional boxing fights. He has never said why he quit football for a few years to pursue that. He said it will come out after he passes away. Odd?

e2edd97a5f4d9fe4ac92c492b715a051.jpg

images

Reactions: Border Vol
Funny thing.....He's from my hometown (Jackson) and was pretty good friends of my dad. He actually went to TSU on a basketball scholarship. I was fortunate to see one of his professional boxing fights. He has never said why he quit football for a few years to pursue that. He said it will come out after he passes away. Odd?

images
John Merritt the legendary TSU head coach said Too Tall Jones was one man pass defense:D

Reactions: Remy and peaygolf
i

Miss match???

I was the Head Golf Coach at TSU and was very fortunate to sit and talk to Coach Gilliam, Richard Dent, Claude Humphrey, and Too Tall on several occasions. The stories about those teams in the 60's, 70's and early 80's were amazing to listen to. Coach Gilliam told me that TSU wanted to scrimmage UT in the early 70's........ Bill Battle refused. Gilliam said, "They wanted no part of us."

I'll admit, I cried like a baby when Coach Gilliam died. He became a good friend of mine.......

VN Store

Back