Eating and Drinking in Knoxville (merged)

FWIW, one of the Maker's Mark guys will be at Downtown Brewery tonight, 5-7. Not sure if there's free booze, but as an Ambassador, I'm heading down. At worst, I'll get dinner and have a couple mugs.

I was downtown a couple of weeks ago and there is a new place on the square called Market Square One?? or something of that nature. Any word on that place? By the way, I live out of town so if it has been there a while, forgive me.

Wish I could've stopped in. A good portion of the rest of my merry band of psychopaths were there.

It was a good time, save the weird guy sitting at my table. He answered his phone during Rob Samuels' chat about the family history...on a bluetooth headseat. "HEY. Hey. Yeah, just at the Brewery. Yeah. At the Maker's Mark seminar. Yeah. Oh yeah, well I'll talk to you later. Ok yeah. Talk to you later. OH. Are you at home?? You at home??? Yeah, ok. Yeah. Well alright, talk to you later. Bye. Yeah. YEAH. I'll call you at home."

I mean, Christ. You try to enjoy the damn story, but this guy's talking up a damn storm. Not to mention, he kept interjecting his 'witty' comments. I just wanted to drink booze and hear a good story.

On the plus side, we ended up with 3 empty Maker's bottles with labels for one day old, 2 years, and 8 years. Kind of a cool collector's item. They also gave us the Maker's biography and a cool pen.

Inside they had Maker's inspired food. The rolls or whatever were awful, but the sauce was good. My roommate had good things to say about the bourbon pork chops, and the Maker's dessert with granny smith apples was great.

Not a bad evening.

I was downtown a couple of weeks ago and there is a new place on the square called Market Square One?? or something of that nature. Any word on that place? By the way, I live out of town so if it has been there a while, forgive me.
Cafe 4. The food is pretty good.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

5 Guys Burgers and Frys is pretty good, especially if you like fries, a regular order is enough for two people.

Roman's Pizza in Windsor Square is good stuff too.

I want asian food.

There's a good Chinese place that just opened up (about a month ago) on middlebrook pike past Nixon's deli and close to Cedar Bluff Rd. They have awesome General Tso's and Fried Wontons. It's called China Lee.

Without a doubt, they have the best Chinese in Knoxville (that I've had to date).

We another fantastic meal at RouXbarb last night. Bruce really offers a dining experience unique to Knoxville.

Cafe 4 is a good place to eat.
I agree. One of the great benefits of living downtown is that they keep adding solid places to eat within walkiing distance of my condo. Looking forward to the Market Square location of SoccerTaco opening in July.

We need a solid BBQ ribs joint downtown. Calhouns on the river sucks for BBQ IMO. SoccerTaco on the square sounds great.

I agree. One of the great benefits of living downtown is that they keep adding solid places to eat within walkiing distance of my condo. Looking forward to the Market Square location of SoccerTaco opening in July.

Had Market Square Kitchen yesterday and was very unimpressed. Cafe 4 was really good today. Probably eaten there at least once a week for the past month.

Downtown really is cool. When I was at UT, downtown was a morgue. That was years ago. It is so alive now. Recently moved to Holston Hills area and I go to downtown for almost all my dining and drinking. Downtown is great. I am going to have to finally meet you for a drink some day, if you're cool with that.

Downtown really is cool. When I was at UT, downtown was a morgue. That was years ago. It is so alive now. Recently moved to Holston Hills area and I go to downtown for almost all my dining and drinking. Downtown is great. I am going to have to finally meet you for a drink some day, if you're cool with that.
Holston Hills is really cool. I lived there with my first wife. I loved it there.

VN Store

Back