East Tennessee Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Thursday (from NOAA site) Thursday NightA 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Lets hope no lightning ugh

There's still uncertainty with the tropical system, so the NWS will maintain slight to chance percentages until the models get a better handle of the system.

Anyone know the forecast for the Ohio game -- several weather sites had different forecasts - one said 60% chance of thunderstorms around noon

Anyone know the forecast for the Ohio game -- several weather sites had different forecasts - one said 60% chance of thunderstorms around noon

There's a slight chance for a few isolated storms, but otherwise, it should be mostly sunny. It will be hot.

Hey VK, what do you think our chances are of actually having some sort of a fall season? The way things are going it sure seems like we're going to go from the 80's and 90's into the 50's and 60's.

Hey VK, what do you think our chances are of actually having some sort of a fall season? The way things are going it sure seems like we're going to go from the 80's and 90's into the 50's and 60's.

It's going to be a warm to hot fall. We still have a strong ridge of High Pressure that has kept the South hot and dry for the most part. We've gotten some relief from the drought, but it's still dry overall.

It's supposed to cool down this week. Is this a sign of things to come, or are we looking at 90°+ throughout October?

We were 2 90 degree days from tying the record for most 90+ degree days in a year for Knoxville. I believe Chattanooga broke their record.

The upstairs air conditioner was doing extra work all summer. The power company loves me I'm sure.

We were 2 90 degree days from tying the record for most 90+ degree days in a year for Knoxville. I believe Chattanooga broke their record.

I think we had either 100 or 101 days at 90 or above. The record was 95. It was 97 degrees Sunday for the Ironman race.

I have inlaws in Gainesville. Just saw on Weather Channel that Matthew may indeed head inland instead of grazing the coast.

Matthew is strengthing over the very warm shallow ocean over the Bahamas to probably a CAT 4 hurricane by time it hits. The heavy rains and highest storm surge are always within the "6 to 12 o'clock" left hand side of a hurricane, so the projected track is the worst possible. Just heard the storm surge could be as high a four feet 'above' high ground. Pray for Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas.

What's the word on rain? I'm not sure I even remember the last time we got a good rain here. If we're in a moderate drought I can't imagine it being long before it becomes severe.

Bout time for myself to start getting used to checking this thread. How much snow/ice Is expected this upcoming winter?

Looked at the weather and saw it was supposed to be low 60s Friday and Saturday only then to see it's supposed to be mid 70s the next two weeks... this is ridiculous.

If this warm weather has any relation to the coming winter, then we won't see any snow.

~Severe Weather Bulletin~

There's a marginal risk for some strong to severe thunderstorms late afternoon into the evening hours. Damaging winds up to 60mph is the primary threat with the strongest storms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back