East Tennessee Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
I drove down 75 out of Chattanooga just as the bad weather was starting and big twigs were flying along with leaves across 75. I figured that I needed to speed up and get the hell out of there.

Lol! It's probably a good thing that you did.

Reactions: 1 person
It's going to be drop to 56 friday and 48 on saturday. It's going to be 73 today and 74 tomorrow,I love this weather.

Good Afternoon Folks!

Today was pretty but don't put those winter clothes away just yet.

This weekend will be a chilly one, Not expecting any major issues but a few flakes may fly around Saturday morning but that's not my concern.

Thursday (Tomorrow) will be our first shot at severe weather. I know many meteorologist are down playing how light the storms will be as I thought they would be as well but the front and upper level low is picking up strength. Today, The plains had a slight risk of severe weather now it's high. I expect it to be moderate here tomorrow. Strong straight line winds will bring down trees that have suffered from the Ice storm and possiby some hail will be mixed in. Stay tuned tomorrow.

TORCON 3/10

For those in the Knoxville area, I'll be posting my storm reports that I send to the NWS so that you guys know what's going on during the storm.

Good Afternoon Folks!

Today was pretty but don't put those winter clothes away just yet.

This weekend will be a chilly one, Not expecting any major issues but a few flakes may fly around Saturday morning but that's not my concern.

Thursday (Tomorrow) will be our first shot at severe weather. I know many meteorologist are down playing how light the storms will be as I thought they would be as well but the front and upper level low is picking up strength. Today, The plains had a slight risk of severe weather now it's high. I expect it to be moderate here tomorrow. Strong straight line winds will bring down trees that have suffered from the Ice storm and possiby some hail will be mixed in. Stay tuned tomorrow.

TORCON 3/10

Well RT, it looks like it won't be that bad.

Just finished a run in a suburb of Memphis in a very light snow. Thought it was rain or flowers at first. I guess global warming decided not to consider the central U.S. the last two years. In 30 years here, I am not sure I have ever seen snow (sticking or not) this late in Memphis. Saw it on April 1 one year in Knoxville.

Last edited:
Friday could be the first severe weather outbreak for the midsouth this season. The system looks potent. Still a long ways off

Last edited:
It looks like East Tennessee will be seeing it's first severe weather system of the year this Friday. The usual threats of Damaging winds and large hail is possible.

I'd like to see some lightning and hear a few good rumbles at least, I kind of miss that. I'd just prefer to not have the damaging crap along with it.

Anyone have some future radar maps to post for fun?

Also, I can't rule out an isolated tornado or 2. There is a possibility of some weak rotation in some of the stronger storms.

P.S. The storms that have a chance to maybe produce a tornado will be the cells ahead of the front.

Last edited:
Also, I can't rule out an isolated tornado or 2. There is a possibility of some weak rotation in some of the stronger storms.

P.S. The storms that have a chance to maybe produce a tornado will be the cells ahead of the front.

Friday and in East TN?

You guys are scaring me.

giphy.gif

That is a horrible avatar VK. Make it stop. :)

Im usually with you, RT. However, I don't think it will be that bad. What are you seeing that makes you think this?

It's gonna be like March 2012.

They'll be two lines of severe storms rolling threw. With a massive Day Time heat tomorrow and a surging front will not be good.

Any Vol Fans living in Oklahoma Arkansas Missouri should sleep with there radios on. NOAA is close to calling this a Tornado Outbreak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back