Early Predictions

I'm not happy with the bball team, but "Suck" is not the word I would use for them. I also wouldnt go to a Gator board and talk about how bad their team "sucked" the last two years against the Vols. It's called class.

I understand you "call it as you see it", I do it too, but I tend to do it in a more respectful way than you unless provoked.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 17, 2005 11:28 PM
its not like you can disagree when i say your bball team sucks,
[snapback]95587[/snapback]​

No, only WE are allowed to talk about our basketball team sucking. :nono:

Correction. Only we are allowed to talk about how our basketball team USED to suck.

:matrix:

But in September, when teams are still evolving and growing, the more solid teams--perhaps not as flashy but less prone to make mistakes--usually win (just ask Bobby Bowden and Florida State about all their early-season losses to Miami over the past 20 years). That is the one dominating reason why Tennessee will eke out a close win in the Swamp.

That's it right there, I think. But, as far as I'm aware, Florida does have a pretty quick offense. IMO, this one will be close and somewhat high-scoring.

I think Meyer will prove himself without bringing home the W, and the Vols will get evey bit as much of a rankings boost from the win as it is probably the most wateched game of both teams' regular seasons.

Hey no doubt that its going to be a close game and I will be nervous out of my mind before the game starts. I always am when we play florida, because its always the first big test and you never know what is going to happen. I can honestly say though that I think our wide recivers are too much for there dbs, no one can gaurd Meach, and I mean no one. So don't try to say you can stop him becausethere is no chance in hell Ainge wont throw for 300. with that said, if we don't tackle right, we can be in a high scoring game, which i still like our chances, but i will still be shaking in my boots.

Originally posted by BeltwayVol@May 17, 2005 11:35 PM
I'm not happy with the bball team, but "Suck" is not the word I would use for them.  I also wouldnt go to a Gator board and talk about how bad their team "sucked" the last two years against the Vols.  It's called class.

I understand you "call it as you see it", I do it too, but I tend to do it in a more respectful way than you unless provoked.
[snapback]95602[/snapback]​

well, unless you dont call 20 people calling you an idiot and claiming your a flamer, not being provoked??

but ok, fine, your basketball team is not the best in the country, better??

VN Store

Back