Early line on Tennessee vs Virginia is out.... spoiler alert... it's high

The UVA-GT game was almost unwatchable. Both teams were just bad, bad, bad. I see the backups getting playing time early in the season.

George Welsh coached their best teams. In 1990 they were 7-0 and ranked number 1 until Georgia Tech beat them on a last second FG and Tech then went on to win a share of the national title with Colorado and we beat Virginia in the Sugar Bowl in a very exciting game. That Virginia team had some talent on it Shawn Moore at QB and Herman Moore at WR who had a nice NFL career.
And a WR named Doofus Dooley.

1685021828243.png
Not always happy when any UT team has such a pronounced target on them. Nice to be the favorite but, it gives our opponents that much more fuel. (See Columbian Massacre...)

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
listen, if we play like we did against clemson its gonna be a beat down. But dont just brush VA over because they went 3-7 last year. This will be the first time they have played since the shooting at their school. They are going to feel motivated to play for their brother who was tragically killed. -27 is..... idk. im not touching it personally.

Reactions: 08Vol
I have literally never met a UVA fan. Met Virginia Tech fans and, for most part, they are pretty cool. I want to see Tennessee play Virginia Tech more often, they are very close to Knoxville and there is a lot of similarities between the two Universities.

Well I thought before I clicked and came up with 21. 28 Is huge, but when you think about Tennessee's Offensive potential, and Defensive improvement, 28 sounds about right. So we consider the possible score-----UT should get 50 uva, 20. So I bet the Total will be 70ish.

Last edited:
They’re not arrogant about football. They’re arrogant about their perceived elite status in general. Little bit like Vandy, but I don’t think as bad. And of course they have a much better overall athletic department than Vandy - they just stink in football most years.

Elite Indoctrination will do that to you.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
View attachment 553020
Not always happy when any UT team has such a pronounced target on them. Nice to be the favorite but, it gives our opponents that much more fuel. (See Columbian Massacre...)

Same. I rather be underrated than overhyped. I am fine with the 'disrespect" of being ranked outside the top 10, etc. I think our boys played best last year with a chip on their shoulder. See before Georgia and after South Carolina.

Reactions: 08Vol
As someone who lives in Charlottesville and has worked at UVA for the last 8 years (oh, and also a Vol alum), I fine this thread interesting.

No, UVA is most definitely not a football school. And for the most part, it’s not a basketball school either (outside of the last few years + Ralph Sampson).

What it is, is an elite academic school that dominates in Olympic sports. They just won their 33rd national title- all but one (2019 men’s basketball) being in the Olympic sports realm.

I can honestly say that UVA fans know this is going to be bad- they are coming off a disappointing season that culminated in a tragedy resulting in the cancellation of their last two games. They are rebuilding and people expect this year to be a 2-3 win team. Most will be happy with 6-7 wins a year outside of some vocal morons. Those people also think Dabo is going to leave Clemson to come to UVA- just unrealistic. Again, it’s not a football school and probably never will be, but they will win a ton of championships in other sports.

8 titles in the last 5 years isn’t bad, trails only Stanford in that category. To uva fans, there’s much more than just football.

I grew up in VA, dad is a UVA grad and I've had a soft spot for them for my whole life. My mom, whose father played for the Vols, made sure I bled orange from the get go.

The notion that UVA fans are worse than VT fans is easily incorrect. Virginia Tech people were always trying to put themselves on an SEC level pedastool.

I still grew up with my fair share of annoying UVA fans! I'm still gonna rub this beatdown in their little faces!

And it will be

-28 isn't enough

This will be a merciless beat down. Nico will be in there by the third quarter.

Reactions: MackDaddyVol
George Welsh coached their best teams. In 1990 they were 7-0 and ranked number 1 until Georgia Tech beat them on a last second FG and Tech then went on to win a share of the national title with Colorado and we beat Virginia in the Sugar Bowl in a very exciting game. That Virginia team had some talent on it Shawn Moore at QB and Herman Moore at WR who had a nice NFL career.

I actually liked the team and coaches. IMHO George Welsh is one of the most underrated coaches of alltime. Can only imagine what he could have done at a real football school instead of Navy and UVA. They also had a big RB who I believe was the #1 recruit in the country.

It was the band and fans who were horrible. Chairman of the Sugar Bowl Committee said the next day they would NEVER be invited back.

Reactions: Voldog1998
I grew up in VA, dad is a UVA grad and I've had a soft spot for them for my whole life. My mom, whose father played for the Vols, made sure I bled orange from the get go.

The notion that UVA fans are worse than VT fans is easily incorrect. Virginia Tech people were always trying to put themselves on an SEC level pedastool.

I still grew up with my fair share of annoying UVA fans! I'm still gonna rub this beatdown in their little faces!

And it will be

-28 isn't enough

This will be a merciless beat down. Nico will be in there by the third quarter.

Just to clarify I have never been to a VT game, only talking about those I have seen first hand.

Historic and prestigious university not unlike Vandy.

And not unlike Vandy, we will obliterate them by 30+ on the field

As someone who lives in Charlottesville and has worked at UVA for the last 8 years (oh, and also a Vol alum), I fine this thread interesting.

No, UVA is most definitely not a football school. And for the most part, it’s not a basketball school either (outside of the last few years + Ralph Sampson).

What it is, is an elite academic school that dominates in Olympic sports. They just won their 33rd national title- all but one (2019 men’s basketball) being in the Olympic sports realm.

I can honestly say that UVA fans know this is going to be bad- they are coming off a disappointing season that culminated in a tragedy resulting in the cancellation of their last two games. They are rebuilding and people expect this year to be a 2-3 win team. Most will be happy with 6-7 wins a year outside of some vocal morons. Those people also think Dabo is going to leave Clemson to come to UVA- just unrealistic. Again, it’s not a football school and probably never will be, but they will win a ton of championships in other sports.

8 titles in the last 5 years isn’t bad, trails only Stanford in that category. To uva fans, there’s much more than just football.

Ribbon twirling?

It will probably close at about -31.5 ima jump all over -28 early…this one shouldn’t be close at all

Hope we beat those pompous a$$holes by a 100. Been going to games for 73 years and they were absolutely the worst I have ever seen in NOLA before and after the 91 Sugar Bowl. And yes that includes UGA, UAT, UF and VU.
I was there. Still remember their crappy halftime show.

VN Store

Back