Dwight Jones Article

utvol0427

Bring back post junkies!!
There is an article about Dwight Jones on the VN homepage that says he is considering switching from UNC to UT and you have to be a subscriber to GoVolsXtra to read it. Is it anything new, or is it the same old stuff that we have been hearing for weeks?

Butch Davis did not retain defensvie coordinator Marvin Sanders. Sanders was close with Jones and was his primary recruiter. Says he now likes Tennessee and Clemson. He likes the fact that the Vols lost three recievers so he can come in and compete for PT right away.

The big problem is that Clemson may hire Sanders. IMO, Clemson would be a worse decision than UNC for Jones just because they are 1 dimensional.

The big problem is that Clemson may hire Sanders. IMO, Clemson would be a worse decision than UNC for Jones just because they are 1 dimensional.

Exactly, Tennessee has much much better passing package than Clemson: way better OL, and I think much better QB. Proctor usually failed Clemson in the big games. His successor? Bunch of pitiful QB recruits before + that running QB they got this year. Don't even mention James Davis and C.J. Spiller are sitting there. Hopefully Jones would make a smart decision.

someone just told me that we had someone go visit him after sanders was fired. hopefully showing him how serious we are will sway him our way!!

Willie Korn will either be the best QB Clemson has had in a very long time or else another Bowden will be looking for a job. Clemson fans think they should be on top of the ACC by now... and they're probably right.

I think with this recent development we land Dwight Jones. What is the distance difference between his hometown and Clemson/Knoxville? Is it significant? He has spoken much more positively about UT than Clemson. What a WR corp this would give UT...wow.

plus clemson is a piece of crap school academically. plain and simple. it looks a wee bit bigger on ur nfl resume being at UT instead of Clemson. Also, Clemson worships a rock. Need i say more?

Whoa whoa lets not get UT confused with the Ivy League here. They are definatly close academically. As for the distance between Dwight and UT/Clemson; He is 4 hours and 45 minutes from Knoxville, and he is 4 hours and 10 minutes from Clemson.

Whoa whoa lets not get UT confused with the Ivy League here. They are definatly close academically. As for the distance between Dwight and UT/Clemson; He is 4 hours and 45 minutes from Knoxville, and he is 4 hours and 10 minutes from Clemson.

Great, so distance should not be a factor if it was to come down to Clemson and UT.

We used to visit Clemson once a year when I was in school, great times, but that town has little to offer if you're not in a frat

i played at Clemson in a AAU bball tournament last year and clemson has a really nice campus, but outside of that..its not much...also there is little tiger paws all around that area..it was very annoying

UT should land Dwight Jones. Wow, never thought I'd say that. Always thought he'd stick with UNC.

Willy Korn is the talk around here where i live in Greenville SC and WORD AROUND TOWN IS DWIGHT JONES HAS SUPPOSEDLY MADE A SILENT COMMITMENT TO CU. I hope this is not true but i heard this from micheal wade a clemson back up qb. I wish you guys would get him instead of CU...... I HATE CU.

Willy Korn is the talk around here where i live in Greenville SC and WORD AROUND TOWN IS DWIGHT JONES HAS SUPPOSEDLY MADE A SILENT COMMITMENT TO CU. I hope this is not true but i heard this from micheal wade a clemson back up qb. I wish you guys would get him instead of CU...... I HATE CU.

I heard this from some other boards too. But just the rumor.

But in all honesty WILLY KORN is supposedly THE GREAT around here and the only info and proof of him being so good is his ranking becuase ive enver seen him play, but how do you start the year at number 3 and end up number 98? Guess the analyst finally realized he cracks under pressure.

I didn't know that Jones was 6'5. What's his 40 time? Anyone know?

VN Store

Back