During Fulmer's interview that dude got hit!

It's either coaching or player understanding/retention I suppose. Doesn't matter I guess because it's what we've been seeing over and over again from our OL. At some point, one has to wonder if what we're attempting to do and teach is going to work? I'm not trying to disparage the players, but it's pretty clear they just aren't getting what the coaches are trying to teach. Maybe it's better to just simplify this super, duper master zone blocking scheme that Friend is going with? Dumb it down. Simplify. Save a QB/RB.

Gotta wonder if Pruitt let his relationship with Friend color his thinking about the job the guy is doing? Hope he made the right call, but another dismal year of OL line play would certainly be a concern. After last season, I'd have considered Friend as good as gone. Quite the surprise to see Pruitt retain him.

It’s just hard for me to believe all the sudden Friend became a crappy coach. He has never had these issues anywhere else.

Hopefully it improves before our first game.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Don’t understand why with a 5 man front blocking a 4 man front we double teamed two guys? Opening up a clear hole for crouch. Bad play by the offensive lineman.
Well, we don't have all of our starters yet and on top of that, this was the temporary 2nd string OL.
Meaning 1 or 2 will be 3rd string. So a mistake would be very understandable.

The darker possibility - Chaney and Pruitt both knew the play. There is only 1 way to know if Banks is truly past his fumbling issue.
Extreme, but I would want find out before a real game.

VN Store

Back