Dune - Trailer

I particularly like the filming of spice in the air - the orange glitter like particles capture the concept very well.

I wonder why there was no acknowledgement from Paul that he smelt spice when he was standing in front of the sandworm. Maybe he'll mention it at the beginning of Part 2

if you are referring to the Lynch version then yes for the most part.

I recommend reading the book - you'll have plenty of time between now and Part 2 and things will make much more sense.

I know most people are the opposite of this, but I kinda like to see the movie first, so IDK what I'll do. Books are usually better than movies, so if you read them after, there is less disappointment.

Once I made this connection I couldn't unsee it in the second watching - Paul looks like Nancy from Stranger Things

nancypaul.jpg

I know most people are the opposite of this, but I kinda like to see the movie first, so IDK what I'll do. Books are usually better than movies, so if you read them after, there is less disappointment.

The Lynch one probably won't ruin the new one for you then. It has the framework of what will be in the second halve but it takes many liberties with the story line so I expect the new one to not only be a fuller explanation but also closer to the source material.

Reactions: n_huffhines
I've found this guy to be very informative while being succinct as I worked my way through all the Dune books.

This particular primer is for people who've seen the first film so it's not filled with spoilers beyond film one but does explain some back story that wasn't really explained well

I've found this guy to be very informative while being succinct as I worked my way through all the Dune books.

This particular primer is for people who've seen the first film so it's not filled with spoilers beyond film one but does explain some back story that wasn't really explained well

What footage was used to make this video?

I watched this turd a week or 2 ago.

I wish I could get those long, grueling 3 hours back. I can’t believe I made it until the end, honestly.

I enjoyed it. It's always hard to condense a book into a movie, but so far I'm not unhappy about it being two movies. It's been a few years since I read Dune, but I thought they did a decent job balancing how much they include vs story pace. Dune might be in my top 10 favorite books, but I know this movie won't crack the top 10 movie list.

Lately I've become more of a fan of the 8-10 episode miniseries format, but I'm not sure how well this would work. Might be hard to make it hour long episodes but keep each one interesting.

Finally saw this. Really good. They ended at a weird point imo. The artwork is phenomenal. I can believe all the characters. Ready for the next.

VN Store

Back