Duels

Should dueling be legal?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Burr shot Hamilton in the hip bone and it ricocheted and hit several major organs. His doctor, who stood nearby with others who had their backs turned to the duel later said when he rushed to Hamilton all he said was "doctor this is surely a fatal shot" or something like that and passed out.

Later, they managed to awaken him in the boat headed for shore, and he saw his pistol sitting outside the dueling pistol box...he said " be careful , doc...that pistol is cocked but has not yet discharged. As I said before the match, I had no intention of firing a shot."

Burr claimed that Hamilton fired and missed, then burr shot him. It looks to many like Burr simply shot Hamilton, and as he fell to the ground he shot a round up into the bottom of a tree limb some 13 or 14 feet above Burr, and 5 paces to his right (Burrs left). Apparently. Hamilton didnt even remember his gun firing...or in his dying state he was super worried about a coverup...which seems highly unlikely. Burr had told everyone heading up to the match that he intended to kill Hamilton..and when he was told that Hamilton had died from a shot to the hip, he said "I wish I would have hit him in the head."

Edit...Hamiltons son Phillip had been killed in a duel right next to where this duel took place, on the previous year. Bad JuJu .

I watched it 15 times during the Hamilton play.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
They would still run their mouths because you can't compel someone to duel.

Let the idiots who get so butthurt over words that it drives them to duel take themselves off the map.
thats pretty much all dueling has ever been.

What the ****
It is a bloodthirsty lot on here, always has been. A poster earlier was hoping politicians convicted of treason would be dismembered. Same with the threads celebrating death sentences being carried out against criminals.

Folks hoping for people legally shooting each other in the street over any random disagreement is probably pretty tame for the blood lust most on this board want.

Yeah, this is dumb as hell and would turn into a peer pressure masculinity test like so many other things. Almost no one would actually want to duel, but turning down a duel would still become a sign of weakness. No thanks

Yeah, this is dumb as hell and would turn into a peer pressure masculinity test like so many other things. Almost no one would actually want to duel, but turning down a duel would still become a sign of weakness. No thanks

I'd probably put money on Joni Ernst over Chuck Schumer having bigger balls in a duel.

Interesting... I was doing a google picture search for Andrew Jackson when I found that pic.

Jackson was very flawed, but he was a badazz. He was in several duels, and killed several men, often times over his wife. She was either a certified dime piece, or a slut ..not sure havent ever seen a picture. IIRC, he also took a gun from a would be assassin and beat him within an inch of his life. Him and Teddy are the 2 straight badazzes that we elected IMO. I am pretty sure they both did some quite terrible stuff too...

Jackson was very flawed, but he was a badazz. He was in several duels, and killed several men, often times over his wife. She was either a certified dime piece, or a slut ..not sure havent ever seen a picture. IIRC, he also took a gun from a would be assassin and beat him within an inch of his life. Him and Teddy are the 2 straight badazzes that we elected IMO. I am pretty sure they both did some quite terrible stuff too...
Wasn't Lincoln a bare knuckle fighter?

The would be assassin fired his pistol at point close range , it misfired , he then pulled another one and it to misfired , Jackson then took his walking stick and beat him down with it before his “ body guards “ pulled him off the guy lol

Edit : I just happened to see a show on it yesterday . Pretty badass for sure .

She married him before she divorced her previous husband.

Chris White Answers Profound Questions About the Presidents: Who Would Win in a Fight?
For your pleasure.

Chris White Answers Profound Questions About the Presidents: Who Would Win in a Fight?

VN Store

Back