Duck Hunters Thread

This season has been a weird one with the drought conditions and then the big freeze last week. We had a very strong December because we had water, but have seemed to taper as of late. Didn't go back to West TN last weekend due to fear of being stranded on the interstate, but will head back this weekend to hopefully catch the end of the thaw. Folks that kept open holes did very well in our area and I have some friends that hunted the big river and killed all they wanted to. I did go on my very first East TN duck hunt last weekend which was an experience for sure! How has ya'll's season been?

This has been my worst season in the last 10 or so years. Primarily hunt in Arkansas. Weather has been all over the place and when I could actually go has been hit or miss. Seems like it has picked up in the last 3 weeks for my buddies that have gone though.

Had a great trip back to Arkansas thanksgiving and killed 6 man limits of ducks and geese over all 3 days we hunted. Got back back into some public swamp in NC a few times with my son and his friend and had a blast killed a few gads widg and woodies but dang it’s a young man’s game. Those one mile walks in are murder on the old hips anymore lol. Got three guys their first swans last weekend and they were ecstatic since one guy drove 15 hours from south Alabama. Killed a few divers on the Pamlico sound but they have just really started showing up.

Reactions: jp1
It’s been a rough season so far. Numbers wise it’s been my worst in 17 years. The weather has been a major factor on the migration this season. Dry early, late snow cover up north, then a week of being frozen/locked up. But I have learned to enjoy each hunt regardless of the limits killed.

Reactions: bag12day and jp1

VN Store

Back