Drive Before The Half

1985Vols

Yes that was maddening. They don't trust JG to run a 2 minute drill. They don't trust JG to do much, but he gives us the best chance to win. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
its hard not to think that Pruitt is just trying to get fired so he can collect his $13M and get the heck out of here

utvolpj

Scepticle Mod
Staff member
I hate the series where we try to run the clock, end up getting a surprising first down and then try to salvage something with little time left. Happened quite a few times that I remember (Butch special)

However, with 9sec left and no timeouts you can't curl up and take a sack. At least get a throw to the end zone to end the half

Pruitt is just trying to limp through this season, record be damned. He's playing this entire season like that last 1:30. I also believe that he will roll JG out there against Vandy, all the time crossing his fingers that JG won't throw another pick 6, and that Vandy will find a way to beat itself. Loser mentality.

Last edited:

Volsfaninva917

Yes that was maddening. They don't trust JG to run a 2 minute drill. They don't trust JG to do much, but he gives us the best chance to win. πŸ€·πŸ½β€β™‚οΈ
They don't trust JG but turn HB loose with 4 minutes to go, I honestly think that was by design hoping to push the freshman into throwing a couple of picks so Pruitt could say told you so.

GAVol

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate the series where we try to run the clock, end up getting a surprising first down and then try to salvage something with little time left. Happened quite a few times that I remember (Butch special)

However, with 9sec left and no timeouts you can't curl up and take a sack. At least get a throw to the end zone to end the half
That play encapsulates what is wrong with our passing game. It was just bizarre. It's astonishing to do that with a Senior QB back there and a losing record. The was no downside,,, yet JG took off running????

tbones0711

Salsa and Shine lite my fahr
Pruitt is just trying to limp through this season, record be damned. He's playing this entire season like that last 1:30. I also believe that he will roll JG out there against Vandy, all the time crossing his fingers that JG won't throw another pick 6, and that Vandy will find a way to beat itself. Loser mentality.
If he doesn't start HB against Vandy..........he gone ! I'm certain that a large portion of the fanbase feels this way. I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT REASON THAT JG IS A LOSER AT QB ! I KNOW HE IS AND IT'S PAST TIME TO MOVE FORWARD WITH NEW BLOOD AT QB.

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster

Cant afford to throw a pick 6 right before half

sechamp2012

I hate the series where we try to run the clock, end up getting a surprising first down and then try to salvage something with little time left. Happened quite a few times that I remember (Butch special
I don't know.....normally yes
but this QB is a Pick 6 magnet.

Remy

A kick to the cods is my only deterrence.
That play encapsulates what is wrong with our passing game. It was just bizarre. It's astonishing to do that with a Senior QB back there and a losing record. The was no downside,,, yet JG took off running????
You've seen this sort of play with JG at the QB position many times before, think not? I bet you had the same feeling when he infamously did his QB sneak against Bama that became a 14 point swing, right? It never makes sense when JG is at the QB position.

joevol33

trampoline king

That curl up and sack was an outstanding metaphor for our starting QBs career here.

Even McElroy called this on the air....that JG couldn't run a 2-min drill. And this is a 5th year senior!!

JG sensed McElroy's comment....and was so insulted....that he went out and immediately proved the Bammer right.

JG's in-game performance these last 3 years has to outweigh whatever edge he manages to gain on the practice field. The numbers don't lie, and the numbers are bad.

The bama monkey**** last year did it for me - the team played it's guts out only to have it go for naught thanks to Guarantano. Basically the same thing happened again last night - snatching defeat with a bonehead play. The bonehead plays have been a constant - whether the spectacular pick-6s or the mundane 2 yard out routes on 3rd-and-eight.

Just play Bailey ffs. It ain't that hard, aight?

savannahfan

We coach with a losers mentality. I was screaming at the TV. Had 1:30 to try and get some points and wasted at least 35 seconds running out the clock. Better clock management and playing to win vs. playing not to lose and we at least get a FG there. I’m just done with this entire staff
It will come as near hearing or paying attention to you as the staff.:) I agree with you, to me we have for sometime (at least this whole season) been playing not to lose. Won't work with the way the game is played these days.

VN Store

Sponsors