Drew Richmond?

Some people have talent in an area that they hate & never develops that talent
There is a young guy in the Army with me who is 6 ft 7 ins. He hates sports but he is definitely not a wimpy type of guy
I can't help but to wish I had that height so I could be a tight end of a forward in NBA
Maybe Richmond doesn't like football and has gone this far in order to please family & friends. Might be that his heart is not in it

Some people have talent in an area that they hate & never develops that talent
There is a young guy in the Army with me who is 6 ft 7 ins. He hates sports but he is definitely not a wimpy type of guy
I can't help but to wish I had that height so I could be a tight end of a forward in NBA
Maybe Richmond doesn't like football and has gone this far in order to please family & friends. Might be that his heart is not in it
Understood. My seventeen year old son is 6'2" and ( at least) 290#'s. He played pewee, but had to diet to meet 105# limit for 8 year old travel team. He's not obese and is very strong. But, he just has no interest in playing in high school. He has the gifts, but, no desire. It's tragic. I could make him do it, but, what's the point?

Understood. My seventeen year old son is 6'2" and ( at least) 290#'s. He played pewee, but had to diet to meet 105# limit for 8 year old travel team. He's not obese and is very strong. But, he just has no interest in playing in high school. He has the gifts, but, no desire. It's tragic. I could make him do it, but, what's the point?
Whys it tragic?

My youngest could sling a baseball pretty darn well. Got to High school and that thing the girls have derailed the dedication. Meh, however he's a great guy with beautiful family and a good career going

What facts do you have to back this up? Regarding his work ethic.

He's my 2nd cousin on my mother's size. In regards to football he's always had it easy because he was simply bigger than everyone else. He doesn't work, and even complained at Christmas about how much harder the new coaching staff is on them.

The reason I ask. My undetstanding is that he is working out with the team

It’s good to be back guys.

Whys it tragic?

Tragic because others in the world have the desire to achieve something but have no talent. Some, SUPPOSEDLY, waste their talent, while others dream of having that talent.
Some have a singers voice, others don't. Some are natural at long distance running while others aren't. Some are naturally good at math while others struggle in math

Tragic because others in the world have the desire to achieve something but have no talent. Some, SUPPOSEDLY, waste their talent, while others dream of having that talent.
Some have a singers voice, others don't. Some are natural at long distance running while others aren't. Some are naturally good at math while others struggle in math
With hard work. Almost anything can be accomplished regardless of natural ability or not.

Find out what makes him happy and try to take an interest. If you already haven't, i mean to say.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
With hard work. Almost anything can be accomplished regardless of natural ability or not.

Find out what makes him happy and try to take an interest. If you already haven't, i mean to say.

Trust me!!!! I can practice for hours each day & I will never be a good singer....
I do understand though, that if I am weak at math, I can apply myself and overcome that shortcoming....

Oh, it sound to me as if it were tragic cause he cant live vicariously through his son. If folks have a talent to do something but dont because they dobt have the want or desire, it shouldnt be considered a bad thing, so long as they do what they want, not what others thing they should.
Reminds me of Officers early in my Marine Corps career, several officers talked to me about becoming an officer and sounded as if were a failure or waste of a career because I had no desire to do that. My goal was to become a SgtMaj, and I never considered it a failure to not live some one elses desires for my life.

VN Store

Back