Drew pember

Pember’s stats from yesterday are impressive, but Presbyterian is 5-17 overall and 1-8 in their conference.

Unfortunately, we don't have a player who could put up 48 points against Presbyterian or anyone else.

I am quite sure we have 5 or 6 that could. Presbyterian is 341st out of 363 teams in the NET. It's crazy that UNC-A needed overtime to beat them that game.

We just don't play a style where a player is going to get 30ish shot opportunities and we'd be ahead of them by 30-40 in the second half, so we aren't seeing overtime.

If OP saw Pember’s game against Arkansas, he wouldn’t have asked this question.
he’s not an SEC player, and that’s fine. He’s a great Big South player, and that’s nothing to look down on. Good for him. Glad he’s doing great there.
DJ Burns was a great big south player as well. Both could play in the SEC. He’s now in the Acc.

DJ Burns was a great big south player as well. Both could play in the SEC. He’s now in the Acc.
Someone better let all these coaches know kids from the Big South/SoCon/etc can’t hang in the big boy conferences and to stop wasting their time poaching them.

Pember and Burns are different players. It’s not that a Big South player couldn’t move up to a P5, it’s that Pembers ceiling mid major type schools, and that’s not an insult. Burns was coveted by power 5 schools coming out of high school. Pember was not. Burns didn’t flame out here because of talent. Did you see Pember when he played here and this year when he played against Arkansas? Comparing Burns and Pember isn’t a good comparison.

Someone better let all these coaches know kids from the Big South/SoCon/etc can’t hang in the big boy conferences and to stop wasting their time poaching them.
The argument isn’t that Big South player can’t play at that level, it’s about one particular player. It’s not like we have t seen it. People thinking that Pember having a great year I’m that league means he could or should come back here or to an SEC caliber school need to pump the brakes.

He’s playing in a league where there is absolutely no talent. Look at his stats against good teams. He’s a good mid Major player, but lacking SEC type talent.
He is playing in a league that isn’t Sec caliber, but I promise you that you don’t play d-1 basketball if you have absolutely no talent. That being said I agree Pember is not an sec caliber player.

The argument isn’t that Big South player can’t play at that level, it’s about one particular player. It’s not like we have t seen it. People thinking that Pember having a great year I’m that league means he could or should come back here or to an SEC caliber school need to pump the brakes.
He’s going to end up in a power 5 conference (or high major equivalent) whether you agree or not. I welcome you to bump this thread if he doesn’t. He can absolutely contribute at this level. No one here is pretending he will drop 30-40 in the SEC/ACC.

8-10ppg is enough for a big school to bring him in. He could sit on the 3 point line and play bad defense and someone will still be able to use him.

He’s going to end up in a power 5 conference (or high major equivalent) whether you agree or not. I welcome you to bump this thread if he doesn’t. He can absolutely contribute at this level. No one here is pretending he will drop 30-40 in the SEC/ACC.

8-10ppg is enough for a big school to bring him in. He could sit on the 3 point line and play bad defense and someone will still be able to use him.
Agree. His problem isn’t the ability to score the ball.
His defensive ability and frequent injuries are what put him in Barnes’s doghouse.

VN Store

Back