Drew Pember in transfer portal

I just know you’re going to be reminding us what you said about Corey Walker not playing AAU ball fin he transfers this offseason 😂 I don’t remember if I said anything but I know I thought your theory was bogus. Might need to eat crow on that one

yea I have already been proven right about Walker. Chalk that up to me being correct about another player. Some posters might want to stop arguing so much with me.

Well how many on this board are ready to apologize and tell me I was right on this one??

I’ll remind you guys I saw him play in the state tourney in Hs and told you he would never help us win a damn thing. Many argued

I was right AGAIN
Thanks Nostradamus! How many football games will we win this year?

Well how many on this board are ready to apologize and tell me I was right on this one??

I’ll remind you guys I saw him play in the state tourney in Hs and told you he would never help us win a damn thing. Many argued

I was right AGAIN

giphy-preview.gif

had to pull for a Bearden kid even though we couldn't beat Bulldogs in anything
Remember Phil Garner and Kent Hollenbeck?

Reactions: cardvolfan
Had a brief conversation with Phil a few years back at the dedication of the baseball facility at BHS. I was a year behind them with Phil's twin sisters... They all now reside in the Houston area. He was the best all around athlete I got to see growing up. QB, point guard and any position he wanted to play on the diamond.

Kent was the most natural shooter I ever saw... tactical but never aggressive. Saw a game where I think he scored 66... 22 in the first half, and getting beat up inside by some bruisers, so coach put him outside in the second half and he got 44 I THINK.... my memory anyway.... Think it was the state record till that guy that went to Vandy (Rhodes maybe, I am obviously old) beat him out.

Guess my speed cost me in FB, a 4.5 twenty did not impress Coach Smelcher, and my 4 inch vertical likewise for Coach Beeler.. But I was in the stands for nearly every home game they ever played....

Oddly enough, Kent's cross town rival from Fulton, Terry Russell, ended up at Belmont after signing with UT and we shared apartments for a couple of years.... They ended up as the top two vote getters for Mr. Basketball that year. Kent of course signed with KY and had two bad ankle injuries I think they were that impacted his career.

he needs to transfer to UTC. He would do well at UTC Mocs
He may do okay there, but Drew is not what the Mocs really need. UTC has the same problems Barnes and the Vols have, no inside presence. As much as the coach there loves big men with a outside game, he needs a banger who can board and get a layup. Now if you team him up with a Bulldozer, he would be a perfect fit.

I was right AGAIN
Give yourself a Bruin on the back

Reactions: cncchris33
🙄 Imagine having this embarrassing take. Yep Barnes chooses not to play Walker because he just doesn't like him. No good reason.
If you, or anyone who liked your post, thinks any of our bench players are better than Walker, you either haven't seen any UT practices (live or on video), are prejudiced, blind, or just don't know a damn thing about BB.

Good Luck to Drew Pember where ever he lands. I think he’s most likely to settle at ETSU, UTC, or TN Tech. BUT they will still need him to be able to guard pick and roll/pop offenses. He’d be a better fit in a system that plays a lot of zone defense.

Reactions: Border Vol
he needs to transfer to UTC. He would do well at UTC Mocs

I see him as a mini Fulk. I would kill to see what Pember could turn into at UT if he crushed it in the gym.

Good luck to the kid where he winds up. I know it must be tough leaving hometown school and environment. However, I assume it could get old being in one zipcode that long

Reactions: Border Vol
I see him as a mini Fulk. I would kill to see what Pember could turn into at UT if he crushed it in the gym.

Good luck to the kid where he winds up. I know it must be tough leaving hometown school and environment. However, I assume it could get old being in one zipcode that long
What because he’s white? They are nothing the same.

What because he’s white? They are nothing the same.

Big difference between him and Fulk in recruiting is Pember had a jump shot from longer than mid range. Sadly he didn't bulk up and get faster in the two years here.

Reactions: BartW
Big difference between him and Fulk in recruiting is Pember had a jump shot from longer than mid range. Sadly he didn't bulk up and get faster in the two years here.
He actually had started to add weight and then suddenly dropped that weight. He’s simply not a post and not a top level player. Should have never been here in the first place.

VN Store

Back