Drew Gilbert carted from field

Praying for this kid!

Drew Gilbert, Houston Astros, CF - Fantasy Baseball News, Stats
Gilbert was carted off the field after crashing into the outfield wall while playing for Class A Fayetteville on Saturday, Chandler Rome of the Houston Chronicle reports. The nature of Gilbert's injury is not yet clear, though he was seen wearing a cast on his arm while exiting the field. Given the mode of his exit, it seems as though the injury may be a fairly severe one, but the Astros have yet to specify when he's expected to return.

I'm a HUGE Astros fan. Had seasons tix the first year of the "Killer B's" (Biggio, Bagwell and Bass) and moved my allegiance from St. Louis to Houston because they were so much fun to watch that year even though they only won 65 games. Been to 4 World Series games. Probably watch 150+ games every year. I would not be at all surprised if Gilbert is the Astros starting CF next season. Can't wait to see him in CF for the Stros. He'll bring the energy that Springer has and make the team better.

For Braves fans, my son and I saw Michael Harris II in Pensacola in Mid-May. My son (who would make a great GM) said "that guy is going to be in Atlanta soon. He's too good to be in AA." Braves called him up shortly thereafter and he's tearing it up in the bigs, hitting .320 over the last 15 games.

If there are any Marlins fans out there, they have an absolutely awesome pitching prospect in P'cola--Eury Perez. In pre-game warm-up, all the Wahoo pitchers went to the bullpen just to watch him warm up. Easy 97 mph with wicked movement. 210K in 151 innings, 1.01 WHIP. He's 19 years old! Listed at 6'8" 220, but I seriously doubt he's much over 200 (my son is 6'7" 225 and Perez did not look nearly that filled out). Barring injury, in two years, this kid will be a force.

I'm a HUGE Astros fan. Had seasons tix the first year of the "Killer B's" (Biggio, Bagwell and Bass) and moved my allegiance from St. Louis to Houston because they were so much fun to watch that year even though they only won 65 games. Been to 4 World Series games. Probably watch 150+ games every year. I would not be at all surprised if Gilbert is the Astros starting CF next season. Can't wait to see him in CF for the Stros. He'll bring the energy that Springer has and make the team better.

For Braves fans, my son and I saw Michael Harris II in Pensacola in Mid-May. My son (who would make a great GM) said "that guy is going to be in Atlanta soon. He's too good to be in AA." Braves called him up shortly thereafter and he's tearing it up in the bigs, hitting .320 over the last 15 games.

If there are any Marlins fans out there, they have an absolutely awesome pitching prospect in P'cola--Eury Perez. In pre-game warm-up, all the Wahoo pitchers went to the bullpen just to watch him warm up. Easy 97 mph with wicked movement. 210K in 151 innings, 1.01 WHIP. He's 19 years old! Listed at 6'8" 220, but I seriously doubt he's much over 200 (my son is 6'7" 225 and Perez did not look nearly that filled out). Barring injury, in two years, this kid will be a force.

just bought a Blue Wahoo hat from the Pensacola stadium while I was there last month. Great stadium but unfortunately the team was on the road the week I was there. I think they go by the Mullets on Thursday’s. Pretty neat to have a secondary nickname based on fan votes with a different jersey and logo. It’s almost like wearing an alternate jersey.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
just bought a Blue Wahoo hat from the Pensacola stadium while I was there last month. Great stadium but unfortunately the team was on the road the week I was there. I think they go by the Mullets on Thursday’s. Pretty neat to have a secondary nickname based on fan votes with a different jersey and logo. It’s almost like wearing an alternate jersey.

I've been to a few games at that stadium and always had a blast. Great experience.

Reactions: taylorvol
The Mullet jerseys are really cool. Didn't have my size. They sell out fast.

VN Store

Back