Downton Abbey

Roughneck

Is one of the best dramas on TV right now. I just watched the first season and really enjoyed it.

It's a period drama so it's not for everyone but don't let that scare you. Besides, Mad Men is a period drama as well.

Anybody else watching?

I think it's on netflix. I'll probably start soon. Heard a bit about it on npr, sounded very intriguing.

We started the series, on recommendation from friends. 6 episodes in, and I'm waiting for something to really catch my attention. Can anyone confirm that it gets better?

We started the series, on recommendation from friends. 6 episodes in, and I'm waiting for something to really catch my attention. Can anyone confirm that it gets better?

Yeah, I think it does. I’m sure it doesn’t sound like Downton would be my cup of tea (pardon the pun) but the wife enjoyed it pretty good. I was surprised as anyone that I got into it.

Last edited:
It’s for a lot of people...not everybody. I loved it. My wife binged it when we started dating to catch up to me and we’d attend an exclusive premiere in Dallas every season until it finished. The second through fourth seasons are the best imo, but I enjoyed it from the word go.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

VN Store

Back