Down to a 9 seed/Could possibly move up to a 4 seed (merged)

I honestly think UT gets it together and DEFINETELY wins against Miss St. I think we will finish the year probably 3-1 and maybe 4-0. We still have a shot at the eastern division as UK still has a tough schedule awaiting them. If were peaking at the right time we may make a run in the SEC Tourney as well, and who knows maybe this is the year we finally win it, maybe everybody will overlook US going in to it. We still have potential to possibly get a 5 or a 6 but we have to take care of business. I really dont see anyway though that this team misses the tourney completely, it would just be a huge collapse. But can we honestly be that mad if we make it as a 9 seed? We had grown accustomed to being NIT Bound prior to Pearl, lets not forget those days, and be grateful that this type of year 5 years ago would be considered a good year.

:worship:

You have been right on the money so far!!

I thought you were wearing orange glasses, but you were spot on so far! I hope you are right about making a run at the SEC tourney.

anyway, just saying you were right and I didn't have a handle on the current direction of the team

GO VOLS!!!!

looking good at the right time

Funny how every year the teams that are higher in the RPI than they are ranked in the polls suddenly think that the RPI is the be all and end all of Selection Sunday.

The polls are absolute garbage. They mean nothing. The RPI is obviously very important to the selection committee, so while it's not the be all and end all of Selection Sunday, it plays a huge role, you can't argue with that.

The only reason the RPI is such a good factor is because it is a unbiased view of a teams resume and SOS...which supposedly is what the selection committee is supposed to do!

Let's be honest. All because someone is right doesn't mean they weren't wearing orange glasses. Blind squirrels find the occasional nut, and ugly people get laid.

Funny how every year the teams that are higher in the RPI than they are ranked in the polls suddenly think that the RPI is the be all and end all of Selection Sunday.

every year the selection committee shows they care far more about the rpi than the ap i.e. alot compared to not at all.

every year the selection committee shows they care far more about the rpi than the ap i.e. alot compared to not at all.

As they should. But they do not rely solely on the RPI, even less so it seems when it comes to seeding.

As they should. But they do not rely solely on the RPI, even less so it seems when it comes to seeding.

they don't rely soley on the RPI for seeding, but it is a very important factor while the AP is not relavant in the slightest. see gonzaga who is consistantly seeded around where their rpi is but far lower than the AP would suggest.

LSU, if it wins the SEC tourney, could get to around a 5, I suppose. But no other SEC team should be above a 7, IMO. The league is really awful this year.
this is absurd. If LSU wins out next week and waltzes through the SEC tourney, they're looking at a 3 seed. OBTW, they have the makings of a good tourney team.

this is absurd. If LSU wins out next week and waltzes through the SEC tourney, they're looking at a 3 seed. OBTW, they have the makings of a good tourney team.

They do seem to have the size that often makes for a decent run.

Still, they have been feasting on the SEC. Let's see what happens when they play a Big East team.

I'm not saying UT deserves a 4 seed by any means. I'm just saying a #17 in the RPI doesn't hurt. A few years back when UT got the 2 seed, wasn't that mostly based on sos and RPI? I don't think there are many 2 or 3 seeds this year that would want to play Tennessee in the 2nd round....as of now.

Let's be honest. All because someone is right doesn't mean they weren't wearing orange glasses. Blind squirrels find the occasional nut, and ugly people get laid.

LOL, probably true, but I kind of called him out and wanted to man up and admint I was wrong.

I think if the season ended today UT would be a 6/7 and LSU would be a 4/5. Both have the opportunity to improve those numbers.

VN Store

Back