Down goes Vandy to UAB

Runnerup to FAU in CUSA.
First thing I thought of. Suspect we're gonna have our hands full and then some tonight. We need to play a really good game tonight and have at least one of our magicians show up big. This is a veteran bunch we're playing. They aren't going to go easily.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
I think Andy Kennedy is a great coach! Ole miss is a hard school to win at consistently and he won 20+ games almost every year. He’s been outstanding at UAB, and TBH I wouldn’t mind if he was the coach here after Barnes. Probably not likely but I wouldn’t mind it.
We can do and have done much, much worse.

We can do and have done much, much worse.
IMO when he was there, at Ole Miss, he didn’t get enough support from the administration. It was always his SOS that seemed to keep his teams out of the tournament too if I’m remembering correctly. I definitely think he would be a solid hire for Tennessee.

Barnes has elevated this program past Andy Kennedy as our next hire. I would be immensely disappointed if we ever hired him here and it has nothing to do with him as a person. He’s a great dude. But, we can do much better and should go younger with our next coach.

Barnes has elevated this program past Andy Kennedy as our next hire. I would be immensely disappointed if we ever hired him here and it has nothing to do with him as a person. He’s a great dude. But, we can do much better and should go younger with our next coach.

Unless the wheels come off when Barnes leaves (ie NCAA trouble, bad roster) the level of coach that would be interested in the program will surprise people. When things are right, this is a top 15 job easily.

Reactions: volinokc
Unless the wheels come off when Barnes leaves (ie NCAA trouble, bad roster) the level of coach that would be interested in the program will surprise people. When things are right, this is a top 15 job easily.

Exactly. The goal should be to keep this program rolling, if not elevate it further, not settle for a solid hire. We have the money and the facilities to compete with any program out there.

The great thing is, Danny White is our AD now. I trust him. He might make a hire that doesn't get everyone excited on hiring day, but ends up being very successful. Because that's what good ADs do...they hire the right guy to win games, not initial press conferences. See: Heupel, Josh.

For the most part I never put much into the NIT since at least in recent history the better teams that were bubble NCAAT teams usually don't seem to care too much.

But since it was Vandy, I will laugh at them.

Reactions: coachmilo13
Vandy didn't have 2 starters last night. Stute is in the transfer portal and scored over 8 pts a game and Robbins who is injured and averaged 15 pts a game. I wouldn't put too much into UAB beating Vandy last night in regards to our game tonight, especially based on those 2 guys being out.

VN Store

Back