Doug Matthews on the OC

You are right. I have no problem admitting I was wrong this year. But, I still think KC didn't get a fair shot for some reason. After what he showed vs Bama, I thought he deserved a start of one SEC game and given the reins of the O for at least one half. He didn't play well vs Mizz after leading UT down the field his first drive for a TD. I would have liked to see what he would have done vs SC the following week after doing pretty good vs Bama. I stand behind my words. I think Shrout or Mauer beats out JG next year at some point and never looks back.
Hey now, did D4H say something about them being more attractive than JG? Cause...ya know....THAT'S the way you evaluate a QB.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Why are you acting like it’s that time of the month..... There are tons of tumors it was Yurcich that would fit exactly what he said..... That kind of stuff happens all the time..... we have had coaches hired and changed their mind at the very last second..... Remember Butch Jones...... Colorado’s head coach..... or manny Diaz..... temples head coach..... all of these situations are very fluid.
1. *rumors.
2. It’s like blaming a rape or murder victim for getting raped or murdered. Put the blame on the perpetrator, not the victim. All fans have done is listen to Doug Mathews’ ill-informed BS.
3. Mathews got bad information was which was 100% out of phase with information that those who cover the program had. His “95% done” comment 6 weeks ago was wrong and irresponsible....that’s on him, not the fans who wanted to believe him.
4. Finally, the Yurcich rumors were wildly speculative. Pruitt reportedly spoke to him, but NOBODY even remotely hinted that he was definitely the guy or that he was a done deal. You’re reaching about as far as Mathews there.

Last edited:
1. *rumors.
2. It’s like blaming a rape or murder victim for getting raped or murdered. Put the blame on the perpetrator, not the victim. All fans have done is listen to Doug Mathews’ ill-informed BS.
3. Mathews got bad information was which was 100% out of phase with information that those who cover the program had. His “95% done” comment 6 weeks ago was wrong and irresponsible....that’s on him, not the fans who wanted to believe him.
4. Finally, the Yurcich rumors were wildly speculative. Pruitt reportedly spoke to him, but NOBODY even remotely hinted that he was definitely the guy or that he was a done deal. You’re reaching about as far as Mathews there.

Who is a victim in any of this?

Matthew's being wrong is one thing. Calling him irresponsible on the heels of that is silly unless you have proof he knowingly lied. Feel free to share that if you do. I'm all about exposing liars. There were plenty of people getting this wrong for weeks.

Silly.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I swear at one time K-town_king must have bumped up against JG in the ramen noodle aisle at Walmart once and it changed his life forever because I have never seen anyone defend a losing bust of a qb like JG with such fire as he has...His man crush is hilarious and seriously beyond belief but very entertaining because he tries and tries to convince everyone he is the 2nd coming...Keep on going bud, We are enjoying this train wreck.
Well I hope he is right and you and I are wrong. I think he’s Justin Worley with tats. But who knows, he may make us eat crow, I hope. He seems like a real trooper.

Reactions: VOLnMiami

VN Store

Back