Doug Matthews on the OC

I've heard all the "close to the vest" comments and they're running a "tight ship" stuff. I could buy into that for a couple of weeks. However, after 40+ days, everybody knows this is a straight up clusterf**k no matter how folks try to spin it. I hope I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me.

I've heard all the "close to the vest" comments and they're running a "tight ship" stuff. I could buy into that for a couple of weeks. However, after 40+ days, everybody knows this is a straight up clusterf**k no matter how folks try to spin it. I hope I'm wrong but that's how it looks to me.
Belichick interviewed 85 people before hiring his first assistant. Was he clusterf**king it as well?

Why are you so upset? I subjectively have Jarrett ranked 12th based on last season. His average if you simply add all the rankings together and divide by categories is 10th, if anything where are you getting 7th?

I'm not even going to accuse you of lying, pushing an agenda or calling you stupid. That's childish behavior. His numbers are what they are, if you look at all of them he averaged 10th out of 14th according to the data on sports-reference. If you cherry pick the categories then it changes...you chose to eliminate rushing stats, I don't think YPA means anything...at that point our "rankings" are subjective because we're choosing what to value and not value.

I said "passer rankings" because that was the category title where all the QB stats were located, including their rushing yards per game. Why are you so on uppity about this?
Ok my guy. I included actual passing stats listed by ESPN.

No I did not include rushing stats. That is never accurate. He was middle of the pack sacks. You can't even tell what he gained running versus sack yardage.

Using the passing stats he finished mid pack passing the ball.

He was definitely not one of the best scramblers in the SEC. He also had no blocking.

I used passing stats and performance and you chose to evaluate passing based on blocking and running ability. Two things that are not passing.

So to me a few guys with less negative yards or a hundred or two rushing yards and worse passing stats is not a better passer or player.

It's your right to look at it how you want too though. Have a good one.

I swear at one time K-town_king must have bumped up against JG in the ramen noodle aisle at Walmart once and it changed his life forever because I have never seen anyone defend a losing bust of a qb like JG with such fire as he has...His man crush is hilarious and seriously beyond belief but very entertaining because he tries and tries to convince everyone he is the 2nd coming...Keep on going bud, We are enjoying this train wreck.

Ok my guy. I included actual passing stats listed by ESPN.

No I did not include rushing stats. That is never accurate. He was middle of the pack sacks. You can't even tell what he gained running versus sack yardage.

Using the passing stats he finished mid pack passing the ball.

He was definitely not one of the best scramblers in the SEC. He also had no blocking.

I used passing stats and performance and you chose to evaluate passing based on blocking and running ability. Two things that are not passing.

So to me a few guys with less negative yards or a hundred or two rushing yards and worse passing stats is not a better passer or player.

It's your right to look at it how you want too though. Have a good one.

That's fair, and you're welcome to look at it how you want. I would love for him to ball out next season.

His accuracy & limited turnovers give me hope. I don't fully blame his unproductive stats on him.

Belichick interviewed 85 people before hiring his first assistant. Was he clusterf**king it as well?

So, is that the norm for hiring assistants or are you just using an exception to try to make a point?

I swear at one time K-town_king must have bumped up against JG in the ramen noodle aisle at Walmart once and it changed his life forever because I have never seen anyone defend a losing bust of a qb like JG with such fire as he has...His man crush is hilarious and seriously beyond belief but very entertaining because he tries and tries to convince everyone he is the 2nd coming...Keep on going bud, We are enjoying this train wreck.
We can always count on you to add intelligent, adult thoughts to the conversation.

Bravo sir. 👏

So which one is it? KNOWS or LOOKS?

Reactions: Exiled
Perhaps you could tell me what the norm is.

Out of all the top schools to have an opening seems like we are the only ones who have still not landed anyone. Ours opened up before most of the others as well. So I could care less if we interviewed 1 or 100. It is pretty discouraging to see that we have not been able to make the hire yet. It did not effect the recruiting so I guess thats a plus.

Perhaps you could tell me what the norm is.

My post was in the form of a question. If you’re good with 40+ days with no resolution in sight, good for you. I’m getting uncomfortable with it and I don’t need you to tell me what my opinion should be. I’ll think for myself but thanks for your contribution.

Just like you said before and during this year. Lmao.

You are right. I have no problem admitting I was wrong this year. But, I still think KC didn't get a fair shot for some reason. After what he showed vs Bama, I thought he deserved a start of one SEC game and given the reins of the O for at least one half. He didn't play well vs Mizz after leading UT down the field his first drive for a TD. I would have liked to see what he would have done vs SC the following week after doing pretty good vs Bama. I stand behind my words. I think Shrout or Mauer beats out JG next year at some point and never looks back.

You are right. I have no problem admitting I was wrong this year. But, I still think KC didn't get a fair shot for some reason. After what he showed vs Bama, I thought he deserved a start of one SEC game and given the reins of the O for at least one half. He didn't play well vs Mizz after leading UT down the field his first drive for a TD. I would have liked to see what he would have done vs SC the following week after doing pretty good vs Bama. I stand behind my words. I think Shrout or Mauer beats out JG next year at some point and never looks back.
Just be ready for a repeat.

My post was in the form of a question. If you’re good with 40+ days with no resolution in sight, good for you. I’m getting uncomfortable with it and I don’t need you to tell me what my opinion should be. I’ll think for myself but thanks for your contribution.
Good luck with that.

Pruitt is doing the best he can, just last week he upgraded to premium on Indeed.com to find a qualified candidate. He has review 100's of resumes and found top applicants and is doing the best he can to get this position filled. Hell unemployment is at 3% its hard to find good people without jobs yall cut the man some slack

VN Store

Back