Double stripes

I want the thin black outline on the numbers like on the old storm trooper jerseys. I believe Little was wearing it in the pic of him standing over the Auburn player. Best away jersey easily.
The thin black outline looked terrible!
Fond memories in them, but as I've watched old games it bugs me a lot to see the blacl outline and lettering of the names when the helmet doesn't have any black outline. It straight up doesn't match at all. Clashes.

original.jpg
original.jpg

@DeerPark12 Any word if we’re sticking with black cleats or going to white cleats? Kind of hoping for white cleats myself.

Black cleats is the look the head coach prefers.

For the record, Nike would prefer that we wear white cleats with orange accents, as those help them showcase new models to sell at retail, even though those models don’t come in orange. The black cleats are the same, but they don’t move product the same way.

For the record, Nike would prefer that we wear white cleats with orange accents, as those help them showcase new models to sell at retail, even though those models don’t come in orange. The black cleats are the same, but they don’t move product the same way.
Thanks for the reply. Maybe Trey or some of the players can convince him on the white cleats.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Thanks for the reply. Maybe Trey or some of the players can convince him on the white cleats.

With the design cycle, they would have had to have done that last fall. Remember, it took a year to get plain orange pants and two years to get pants with stripes in.

With the design cycle, they would have had to have done that last fall. Remember, it took a year to get plain orange pants and two years to get pants with stripes in.
That’s crazy. I figured they could probably get some massed produced white ones with black or closely matched orange. I didn’t realize it would be that hard or tedious to get the cleats changed out.

You mean we could have something like LSU, but are sticking with the Johnny Unitas look?

VN Store

Back