Double stripes

Also glad to see it. But the thing that most says old Tennessee football to be is maulers on both sides of the line.

To your point, most every UT DL ought to have at least several hours in the video room watching Doug Atkins & Reggie White do what Doug & Reggise used to do. We've had so many great OLs, those guys should do the same.

Reactions: munsterlander
Now if we could just get the white cleats back...
19373648_BG1.jpg

white cleats for home, black cleats for road. stormtroopers.

Reactions: oz615 and Vol4life2
I reckon I’m in the minority. I like the plain whites with the power T. The stripes look good though. Also if I said it once I’ve said it 100 times, bring back the black outlines on the white jerseys. Please, I’m begging.

I want the thin black outline on the numbers like on the old storm trooper jerseys. I believe Little was wearing it in the pic of him standing over the Auburn player. Best away jersey easily.

Reactions: coach12
I want the thin black outline on the numbers like on the old storm trooper jerseys. I believe Little was wearing it in the pic of him standing over the Auburn player. Best away jersey easily.

Those were introduced before the S Carolina game in 1994 and they weren't without controversy. UT was sitting at 3-4 after a 17-13 loss to Bama and coming off a bye week. Fans today are used to and numb to the idea of UT having 4 losses by mid-October but not in the 90's.

Back then, Mike Keith was the host of Sports Talk in Knoxville and a caller called in to the show and said, "There are 2 traditions that have left UT....winning and the Big Orange!"

I reckon I’m in the minority. I like the plain whites with the power T. The stripes look good though. Also if I said it once I’ve said it 100 times, bring back the black outlines on the white jerseys. Please, I’m begging.

I like the no stripe as well as the double stripe. The solid orange pants on the away uniforms last year might have been my all time favorite. So clean. My vote is to mix it up during the season and wear both styles. Same with the black number outline.

Reactions: SoddyAllVol

VN Store

Back