Double header Saturday 2 and 6pm, games 2 and 3 vs Morehead St

**** UT for adjusting the game time of the 2nd game. You can’t decide 3 hours before the game to change the damn time when people have tickets already. I have a 3.5 hr drive, left in plenty of time with a 6 yr old in tow who’s asked every day if we’re closer to gameday and he’ll miss 1/3 of the game.

Hate it for you but in all fairness they announced the decision Friday night.

I’m all for blaming UT about almost anything but…most people keep up enough on weather. Double header was called post game Friday night due to weather forecast for Sunday. They made the decision at roughly midnight. Hope y’all still made it. Tennessee baseball is a thing. The days of walking up with no back up plan are over, sadly but gladly.

GBO!!!
Point is... when they announced the double header, game 2 was scheduled at 6 PM. Sometime late during game 1, they changed it to 5:10 PM. My daughter had purchased Sunday only game tickets for her family and small kids from someone last week who couldn't make the series. It was going to be their first Vol baseball game as a family. They arrive only to find the game in the 4th inning. I wonder how many others had this happen?

Reactions: drylo and taylorvol
Several. You could see it on their faces. But that is not UTs fault. They did everything to get word out. I got several emails about each change.

Reactions: vol66
Hate it for you but in all fairness they announced the decision Friday night.
They didn’t announce the time change to game 2 of the doubleheader on Friday. At 4pm eastern on Saturday, an email was sent out that if game 1 of the doubleheader ended prior to 5:10 then game 2 of doubleheader (game 3 overall) would start 50 minutes following the first game. Game 1 ended around 4:05 so game 2 started before 5pm when it was slated for a 6pm start.

I’m all for blaming UT about almost anything but…most people keep up enough on weather. Double header was called post game Friday night due to weather forecast for Sunday. They made the decision at roughly midnight. Hope y’all still made it. Tennessee baseball is a thing. The days of walking up with no back up plan are over, sadly but gladly.

GBO!!!
You’re misunderstanding what I’m stating. The 2nd game of the doubleheader was moved up from 6pm (what what was announced at midnight on Friday) at roughly 4pm on Saturday. The change made Friday night was doubleheader on Saturday for 2pm and 6pm, I was well aware of this. We were attending the 6pm game (final game of series) and that time was changed and moved up, DURING the course of the 2nd game. If you watched the game you will know the final game didn’t start at 6pm it started at 5ish perhaps a few minutes before.

Point is... when they announced the double header, game 2 was scheduled at 6 PM. Sometime late during game 1, they changed it to 5:10 PM. My daughter had purchased Sunday only game tickets for her family and small kids from someone last week who couldn't make the series. It was going to be their first Vol baseball game as a family. They arrive only to find the game in the 4th inning. I wonder how many others had this happen?
This is what I’m saying. We arrived right around 6pm which was always my plan coming from north AL. Along the drive I learned of the unnecessary move-up to 5’ish so we’re now immediately an hour late vs. right on time.

Several. You could see it on their faces. But that is not UTs fault. They did everything to get word out. I got several emails about each change.
You’re right they did send out emails, the last change coming 2hrs prior to the original scheduled time of 6pm (1hr before actual start time). That’s my point. Not everyone in attendance is coming from a less than 2 hour radius who can immediately adapt to the change. There was no reason to not leave the final game at 6pm like it was slated to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: drylo and vol66
I’ll hit all those here. In post season play, and usually once SEC ball starts, back to back games, whether a double header or tournament like Hoover…usually 30 minutes from end of game before. Everyone can estimate 3 hours, but it’s just an estimate. At Hoover, real dirt, real grass on national tv, the crew needs time to prepare the field for the next game, the teams might need a break to change uniforms, clear the mind, empty the stadium, clean it, etc…but typically it’s 30 minutes.

Yesterday was none of those things really, but immediately after game one, they announced 50 minutes. I went out to spray weeds, had the internal clock going and still missed the Top of the 1st.

I certainly understand where folks are coming from, but it seems like UT tried to put out the word. It’s the first weather challenged series we’ve had this season and if UT can correct, work on preparedness, etc…they will.

I believe everybody and their mother has said, “ya better get there early”, the last few years, good advice.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’ll hit all those here. In post season play, and usually once SEC ball starts, back to back games, whether a double header or tournament like Hoover…usually 30 minutes from end of game before. Everyone can estimate 3 hours, but it’s just an estimate. At Hoover, real dirt, real grass on national tv, the crew needs time to prepare the field for the next game, the teams might need a break to change uniforms, clear the mind, empty the stadium, clean it, etc…but typically it’s 30 minutes.

Yesterday was none of those things really, but immediately after game one, they announced 50 minutes. I went out to spray weeds, had the internal clock going and still missed the Top of the 1st.

I certainly understand where folks are coming from, but it seems like UT tried to put out the word. It’s the first weather challenged series we’ve had this season and if UT can correct, work on preparedness, etc…they will.

I believe everybody and their mother has said, “ya better get there early”, the last few years, good advice.
Putting out word is announcing on Friday night that a double header is slated for 2 and 6 and sticking with it OR state 2nd game will start 50 min following the end of the first game no matter what. You don’t announce in the 7th inning that a game will now start an hour earlier than planned when you never gave a caveat to begin with. That’s not getting the word out. And again, the weather was fine last night there was no reason to move it up in the first place. We walked into our hotel at 10pm without a drop of rain, as fast as the 3rd game went it would’ve been over well before 10. In all of my years of going to Hoover I’ve not seen a game moved up because the first one ended quicker than expected. It’s normally X time or 30 min after when X game goes longer than budgeted for.

Putting out word is announcing on Friday night that a double header is slated for 2 and 6 and sticking with it OR state 2nd game will start 50 min following the end of the first game no matter what. You don’t announce in the 7th inning that a game will now start an hour earlier than planned when you never gave a caveat to begin with. That’s not getting the word out. And again, the weather was fine last night there was no reason to move it up in the first place. We walked into our hotel at 10pm without a drop of rain, as fast as the 3rd game went it would’ve been over well before 10. In all of my years of going to Hoover I’ve not seen a game moved up because the first one ended quicker than expected. It’s normally X time or 30 min after when X game goes longer than budgeted for.

I understand where yer coming from, I do. I don’t really know what to say. I don’t work for UT. I’m sorry you had a bad experience yesterday.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I understand where yer coming from, I do. I don’t really know what to say. I don’t work for UT. I’m sorry you had a bad experience yesterday.
It just wasn’t handled well all around. We were far from the only ones pulling in around 6. The difference was, I knew I had already missed half the game, because of receiving the email, that I imagine only went out to original ticket holders, like myself. The folks who bought on the secondary market would have no way of knowing unless they’re tuning into Vol Twitter or some other social media throughout the day on Saturday. Hence, many folks pulled up at a quarter till 6 and to their surprise they were actually an hour late.

VN Store

Back